Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lack of Support from Vortech/Paxton for Novi 2000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of Support from Vortech/Paxton for Novi 2000

Junior SCH Member
    Ok... Talked to Kelly and this is the same person that Mike Duffy was working with. It appears that Paxton redesigned the Novi 2000 and that there is no way to rebuild the one he has. It is just over 3 years old and was purchased new from Paxton. They claimed that the internal gears were the only leftover part that could be used and that it just wouldn't be worth the wild to fix it. This still seems strange to me. I guess it's just a sign of the times that things don't last forever nor does the support for them. Kelly was very helpful, but he still wasn't able to do anything to remedy the situation. They did however offer a very good price on a new one. Like I said before, this blower is not mine, but a friend of mine's. So it really doesn't affect me financially, but I hate to see it happen to someone else.

It looks as if he is going to bite the bullet and buy another one. He hasn't decided on the Novi yet, but due to the price, will probably head that direction.

Kind of sux, but WTF are you going to do..

Todd

I'm glad to hear you got a straight answer from the horse's mouth so to speak. Too bad it wasn't the answer you'd like to hear, but like you said, things are always evolving and changing and hopefully for the better. Glad to hear they offered a good price on a new head unit though. Lots of companies have the attitude that once something is obsolete that they give the customer no option but to bite the bullet on the new and improved version and pay full pop for it. Not a bad deal your friend got in the long run considering too that his old blower is out of warranty. Still sucks they can't fix the old one.

I am happy Kelly was able to help out to some extent. He has always been great with me, and I am sure he did all he could to help.

As The Hawk mentioned some companies may have said sorry to bad, and then charge you full pop for the head unit.

Ian

What is the serial number on that head unit?

Junior SCH Member
    Hustler: sorry don't have it right now... Blower is on it's way back from Paxton/Vortech...

Do you know what year/month he bought it in?

Junior SCH Member
    Hustler: he doesn't remember for sure.. I'll get you the serial as soon as the blower gets back. Any clue on the before and after dates of what can and can't be rebuilt?

Todd