Thread: coments about TRISTATE heads, prices are very good!!

SCH Member

Thumbs up coments about TRISTATE heads, prices are very good!!

Dear Friends:
    take a look at this web site:
    www.tristatecylinderhead.com
    They offer a very good selection of heads for mostly everything from domestics to imports.
    And their prices are just crazy.. :freaks: . so good you just can not go past them.
    I want to hear your comments about those heads...so please if any of you guys have tried their products please post them up.
    I am very interested into the edelbrock 210 copies that they make...yep you hear me good...COPIES...for about 800 bucks...complete...I just could not believe it myself.
    I called them , and I talked Mr. Jim ( owner I think) , he was very polite, and told me that their products have a good reputation among racers.
    I liked the guy, and the information he sent me about the heads they have...well....out of this world....can not say more.
    So please guys and gals, let me know what you think.
    Enjoy the boost!!!
    Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by pablo
    Dear Friends:
    take a look at this web site:
    www.tristatecylinderhead.com
    They offer a very good selection of heads for mostly everything from domestics to imports.
    And their prices are just crazy.. :freaks: . so good you just can not go past them.
    I want to hear your comments about those heads...so please if any of you guys have tried their products please post them up.
    I am very interested into the edelbrock 210 copies that they make...yep you hear me good...COPIES...for about 800 bucks...complete...I just could not believe it myself.
    I called them , and I talked Mr. Jim ( owner I think) , he was very polite, and told me that their products have a good reputation among racers.
    I liked the guy, and the information he sent me about the heads they have...well....out of this world....can not say more.
    So please guys and gals, let me know what you think.
    Enjoy the boost!!!
    Pablo
    pablo......pro action heads are nothing new. They've been making chevy heads for years. They just recently started making ford heads. I've heard constant praise or constant complaints and nothing in between on these heads.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    regattacoupe:
    When you say that " you heard constant praise or constant complaints ans nothing in between on those heads" ..What do you mean by it...is it good or bad that no middle opinion are heard about those heads?
    Your point of view is very interesting....got my attention.
    Another thing, you mention pro action heads, are those the brand that Tristate make?
    I was told by Jim Daly that they have the Pro Topline brand as their brand...
    Please write your comments about them, or please can you tell me where to find more people that have used thier products.
    Thanks.
    Pablo

my least favoriot thing in the whole wide world is to run a company/person down on the internet. But this is what i have seen. A year ago i was in a change over the 351 platform and was shopping for heads and when you come across Pro-action/Pro-Topline and the see the flow numbers and ads/prices, you have to take a step back and say "what's the catch?" I surfed, surfed, surfed, and surfed, ford web sites, and chevy web sites. I found that either people got an awesome set of heads they wouldn't trade for anything that are the real deal, or i found guys with heads with EXTREMELY rough castings, pushrods that don't even go through the holes(mostly chevys) and some other intersting problems.

So what did i do? I found a new/used set of victor jr's for 1050 in the box.

fwiw summit carried them for about 6 months and now all of a sudden they're gone. :straight: this is not an opinion but what i've seen.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D