Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

600+ RWHP Fox guys I need sugestions on fuel systems!!

Thread: 600+ RWHP Fox guys I need sugestions on fuel systems!!

600+ RWHP Fox guys I need sugestions on fuel systems!!

Hey guys:

I need to get a fuel system soon...I think

I am using stock lines and a Walbro gss340 and stock lines and 42# injectors I am making ~520 rwhp

I think am at my limit for my stock lines.....anyone make more rwhp with stock lines?

i know i need at least 60# injectors and fuel rails....what i need to know is do i sump?......Aeromotive kit? (heard bad stuff about them)...someone sugested me changing one line back to the tank and using the old supply line as the return?.....someone also gave me a "pickup" this goes in the stock location insted of the intank pump....its 2 pieces of tubing and you use a Big external pump?

any sugestions are greatly appreciated!

thanks

Mike
    www.mikeymustang.com
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Senior SCH Member
    Once you start making serious power you need good lines and a good pump. My one piece of advice is buy a Weldon fuel pump, not an Aermotive pump. I spent years trying to solve a fuel heat problem and went through several Aermotive pumps and finally tried a Weldon pump - which solved ALL my problems. When I was at the Pump-Gas Drags (Hot Rod Magazine) 4 cars had fuel heat problems - all four had Aeromotive pumps.

Weldon fuel pumps ROCK!

Wledon 2015, -10AN tank to Pump, Filters,-08 AN SS lines to Vortech rails and -06AN ss return lines. Tank is not sumped. 60# injectors and weldon fuel pressure regulator. 670rwhp and no problems. :D

FYI:
    I had the same setup above only 42's instead of 60's and a vortech FMU and it supported the same hp you are now making.

Good fuel system is worth the extra money to avoid the serious problems that can come with a mishap on fuel delivery.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

subscribing :teeth:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Wledon 2015, -10AN tank to Pump, Filters,-08 AN SS lines to Vortech rails and -06AN ss return lines. Tank is not sumped. 60# injectors and weldon fuel pressure regulator. 670rwhp and no problems. :D

FYI:
    I had the same setup above only 42's instead of 60's and a vortech FMU and it supported the same hp you are now making.

Good fuel system is worth the extra money to avoid the serious problems that can come with a mishap on fuel delivery.

If the tank is not sumped....what do you use? a tube pickup?... do you have any pixs of your install?

thanks for your input!

Mike
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Hey Mike, found this if money is of no object......

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/fsafe11.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Hey Mike, found this if money is of no object......

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/fsafe11.htm
    I have a Fuel Safe fuel cell (same one in your link) that was custom made by Fuel Safe with a -12 rear sump. The problem with the normal fuel cell (Mustang specific cell) is it does not have a rear sump. You need a rear sump for seriuos flow unless you put the pumps inside the tank. Pumps don't like to pull fuel, they like to push fuel...

A popular setup I've seen (if not using a sumped tank)

Start with a high flow intank pick up insert which feeds a -10 line into an Aeromotive 100 micron filter (coarse filter...keeps junk out of the pumps), -10 line into a Y-Block which then feeds dual Walbro GSL 392's, which would feed into another Y-Block which feeds a -10 line into an Aeromotive 10 micron filter( fine filter). Off the filter a -10 or -8 (your choice...both are plenty big!) up to a set of high flow rails.

This setup is very similiar to the one X2C Motorsports sells...but you could put it together yourself for a lot cheaper. ($1360 for this kit...another $350 for their sumped tank if you purchase the fuel kit...otherwise the tank is $429)

www.behindbarsracecars.com. Check these guys out on sump tanks. I heard great things about there tanks.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    A popular setup I've seen (if not using a sumped tank)

Start with a high flow intank pick up insert which feeds a -10 line into an Aeromotive 100 micron filter (coarse filter...keeps junk out of the pumps), -10 line into a Y-Block which then feeds dual Walbro GSL 392's, which would feed into another Y-Block which feeds a -10 line into an Aeromotive 10 micron filter( fine filter). Off the filter a -10 or -8 (your choice...both are plenty big!) up to a set of high flow rails.

This setup is very similiar to the one X2C Motorsports sells...but you could put it together yourself for a lot cheaper. ($1360 for this kit...another $350 for their sumped tank if you purchase the fuel kit...otherwise the tank is $429)

that is pretty much the system i use dual 255lph inlines also, i am very happy with the system. i put mine together myself as opposed to buying it as a system.

Scott
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's