Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Who am I?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who am I?

Junior SCH Member

Who am I?

I just won an auction on eBay for a Vortech kit. The seller contacted me soon after the auction's end so we could discuss shipping and whatnot. I E-Mailed him back later that day asking him if he happened to have the part number for the kit. This is where it gets interesting. He gave me the following P/N 4FA218-010 which according to Vortech's website is a 5-6lbs. base kit.This is totally fine. I went back to look at the auction page and he lists it as being an S-Trim blower. I was under the impression that the kit I listed above comes with an A-Trim? Yet another twist. It says it comes with the stock *7lbs.* pulley. I think he meant meant stock 5-6lbs. pulley but maybe it made 7lbs?. on his setup. Are there any chances that this could be an S-Trim? If not, I don't know where to go from there. I bought the kit under the assumption that it was an S-Trim, which is what I wanted. I'll post a link and you guys can glaze over it and see what you think. I've talked to the guy on the phone for a second and have received a couple E-Mails from him. This was before I got suspicious. Oh well, any opinions would be appreciated.

eBay Link

eBay Motors Item number: 7932905676

P.S. He also told me it had a serial number of 12101 if that means anything

The part number you listed is for an A-trim kit.

Ask him to send you a closer picture of the supercharger head unit tag. It should tell you what head unit it is.

Junior SCH Member
    That's what I was afraid of. I dunno if it's gonna be enough. It's going on an AFR 185 headed 393 stroker. Are the A-Trims even any good? Plus, this guy *LIED* in his item description wether he knew the difference or not. Which is obviously against eBay policy basically making my winning bid void should I chose to do so. That's like me advertizing my Mustang for sale saying it has a 331 stroker when really it's only a 302. In my limited knowledge of superchargers, I know that the A-Trim is outdated although it is still widely used, but not the S-Trim that I want. Should I stick with it? It is a polished unit which would look very nice under the hood. I'm just not sure if it will feed the 393. I was looking to be in the 6-10lbs. area. Again, thoughts are appreciated.

Junior SCH Member
    I'm pretty sure that an A trim is WAY under par for what you've got. To spin an A trim to 8-10 lbs on that kind of breathing would be causing it to generate too much heat, and at the same time, not enough CFM. An S trim is definitely what you want to go with!

Need a pic of the tag to be able to tell if it's an S or not. You definitely do not want an A for your combo...it's too small.....A-Trims belong on stock motors and nothing more IMO. It's possible the seller bought an A and had it upgraded to an S-Trim unit. Looking at his pics one thing that does support it's an S-Trim is the discharge tube....A-Trims come with a plastic cheapo tube with no bypass provision.

Best thing to do would be to get a good pic of the tag and get the serial number off the unit. You should be able to call Vortech with that info and they can tell you exactly what it is. You should be able to tell yourself as the tag should have the trim level stamped on it.

A-trims and S-trims will not say a or s just v-1 for trim.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

FYI

If you get a picture of the impeller, the volute on the A-trim's should be straight while the s-trim has a curved volute.

Compliments of atrimterror!!!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Also you can measure the intake of the impellar housing then go over to vortech and see what it is for sure. The T-trim is 3.75" and i think the S is 3.5" so the A-trim would be smaller than these for sure.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

FYI My T is really old and it just says V-1 Race-M. The only way i could tell for sure is to measure the impellar inlet.

This thing is so old it says Vortech "gear-charger". LOL
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    FYI My T is really old and it just says V-1 Race-M. The only way i could tell for sure is to measure the impellar inlet.

This thing is so old it says Vortech "gear-charger". LOL
    Damn that is old, mine says V-1T and say Race-M. It sucks because I like telling people its a A-trim
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, it's an A-Trim, just got him to measure it :(. The search continues and back to eBay we go.

Junior SCH Member
    Okay, so how does this look?, and he isn't too far away :D eBay Renegade YS-Trim

Check out the classifieds over on the Corral as well, seen plenty decent blowers there & ya don't have to win a damn bid, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Corral takes way too long to load. Plus, many people get screwed on their classifieds. How is that eBay blower lookin'?

My S-trim says V-1 S-trim on the tag.