Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
about to order the pms

Thread: about to order the pms

SCH Member

about to order the pms

should this help me as for a tune? any one else using it, or know of something else cheaper?
    98 gt 1 of 2,000,000. msd ignition, ford racing plug wires, denso plugs, mac short shift, mac off road h pipe, flows, mill eliminators, hypertech power programmer, 85 mm c&l mass air, vortech sq 8 ilbs., auto meter gauges. :teeth:

Check out www.stangtuning.com pretty good PMS knowledge base there and it's a sister site as well :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member

Question pms

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Check out www.stangtuning.com pretty good PMS knowledge base there and it's a sister site as well :D
    yeah i checked it out..... alot negaative and alot of possitive. i would hate to waste a grand! but i dont have the skins to put my girl on a tune for every bolt on i do. i was just wondering if anyone here has got it. it seems like a pretty good hand held. could it be that it is new why they have the bugs, or has it been around for a while? so confused ready to place the order but too many ?s

I can't comment personally, I have a tweecer RT but have yet to use it....steep learning curve. I do know that the PMS is much more user friendly and AFM will set ya up with a starting tune when ya buy one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I use one and I love it. I don't have the latest and greatest version though....mine's a bit older so it doesn't have the "game boy" handheld. I've seen a couple guys have some bugs with theirs on Stangtuning but they are all guys who couldn't wait and got the latest version the minute it was available. They're a great peice though and a very powerful tool for tuning and easy to use ( at least to me it is )

Senior SCH Member
    The PMS in the right hands will work great. I would have somebody help you out with a base tune and tweak from there. If you are in the Chicago area or are willing to drive to Chicago, I know somebody who will set it up for a good deal.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    I agree! I've had my '04 (newest model) PMS a couple months and I love it! I researched all of the available options, AEM, Tweecer RT, SDS, Accell DFI, etc... PMS fit best for me and I don't regret my decision one bit. I like the support that is out there, it's very, very easy too hookup and you don't need a laptop unless you want to datalog. The Tweecer RT would be my next choice and then DFI if you want to get serious. The PMS is very powerful and you won't be disappointed. The PMS should handle 99.9% of everything that you need to change in your tune.

If you purchase from Anderson Ford, Rick will give you a base tune for free and spend time with you via phone to help dial in the tune if needed. He's helped me and always seems to be available. www.stangtuning.com has a bunch of PMS guru's that can handle just about any tuning issue with the PMS. There seems to be an expanding list of PMS tuners as well. Call Rick Anderson at Anderson Ford and talk to him about it, he won't push you to buy, but talk to you about the PMS capabilites.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    The PMS in the right hands will work great. I would have somebody help you out with a base tune and tweak from there.
    Last edited by Quik5oh; 11-22-2004 at 10:57 AM.
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit