Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
No Boost ....Help

Thread: No Boost ....Help

Junior SCH Member

No Boost ....Help

Ok i rigged up a boost gauge to my ride, i and i am getting only 2 to 3 lbs of boost. Is that by pass valve notorious for leaking, what else could be the culprit. Its a stock 91 bottom end, i did change heads, rockers, intake and t-body, but i double check everything.

Where did you tap the boost gauge into??? Double check all fittings on the gauge & double check to see if the line got kinked anywhere....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Tapped on the vacum tree, the one that was capped.

I prefer to run iot straight to the intake. Did you double check all the fittings & the line?? If you have a way to introduce low PSI into the gauge (compressor) you may want to check the gauge itself.

What does the "seat of the pants" meter feel like??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

How tight is the belt. The stock belt is not the right length(unless Paxton finally fixed it) and you will not be able to tighten it down enough to keep it from slipping.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    How tight is the belt. The stock belt is not the right length(unless Paxton finally fixed it) and you will not be able to tighten it down enough to keep it from slipping.
    Hmmmm....I didn't need to crank mine and it doesn't slip.

Seat of the pants meter is best to tell if it's making power or not. Personally I never ever use that cheap sh#t tiny plastic line ships with their boost gauge to feed it. I replace it with a 1/8" I.D. vacuum hose. That plastic crap kinks way too easily

Junior SCH Member
    Anyway to know if the belt is slipping? it seems tight to me and it is the orignal belt.

Look for belt dust, powder, etc.

Junior SCH Member
    Ok i am suffering from a multitude of problems, but the first major one is belt slipage, my serpentine belt is completely shot, the one that Paxton sent did not work, i ended up using a stock belt. I am really a noob to this so i dont know what replacement belt to get i think the stock belt is around 90 1/2 inches so would the replacement belt need to be around 88? Everything is still on the car from the polution pump to the AC, its a pasenger mounted novi2k if i have the serpentine tensioner and the tensioner on the supercharger bracket is that considered a dual tensioner?