Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
aluminum discharge tube

Thread: aluminum discharge tube

Junior SCH Member

aluminum discharge tube

i just got my novi and it came with an aluminum ( i think ) discharge tube. i want to mount a bypass valve but there is no hole for it. do i need to drill a hole in the discharge tube and tap it to except a fitting to plumb the bypass valve from? thanks in advance.
    sean

Yep....you'll have to drill it and tap it. Paxton should do it right from the factory IMO seeing as it's the same discharge tube as what comes with the Novi2K....just not drilled and tapped. I don't know why they just don't drill it and tap it and put a plug in it....or better yet include a bypass kit with the Novi 1000 kit.

Junior SCH Member
    Amen! thanks alot

Senior SCH Member
    So even the new 2 belt Novi 1000 kits dont come with a bung in the inlet tube for a bypass valve connection? Is the tube thick enough to just drill and tap and have whatever kind of bung you buy thread in there and stay? Thanks, Ryan
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

just got my kit, installing it now. Both intake and discharge were drilled/tapped.
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

Junior SCH Member
    yep, i had to do the same, i took my aluminum discharge tube to my machine shop since i didnt have a drill bit nor a tap that big.