Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Did I make i mistake buying a NOVI?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I make i mistake buying a NOVI?

Did I make i mistake buying a NOVI?

It seems that more people run Vortech. Should I have bought a Vortech instead? The entry level Vortech V1 is upgradable to an S trim for $800. Vortech has many aftermarket parts, brackets, pulleys, etc... I don't see as much Paxton support. I get the same response by everyone -"Why didnt you buy a Vortech?" For my benifit, what are the advantages of a Novi 1K over an V1 or an S trim. OR should I sell and buy an S trim. Some of the dealers say that Vortech is a better product, but I know they are made by sister companies. The quiet impellar is a plus in my book, but what else is? I thnk I am the only guy at my track that runs a Paxton. I kinda feel isolated OK, lay it on me guys........

Personally I like doing things a little different, if you have the two belt set-up it should not be that difficult to upgrade the head unit when the time comes. Hell you can make more than enough power to split a stock block in two with the novi 1000 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 92 coupe
    It seems that more people run Vortech. Should I have bought a Vortech instead? The entry level Vortech V1 is upgradable to an S trim for $800. Vortech has many aftermarket parts, brackets, pulleys, etc... I don't see as much Paxton support. I get the same response by everyone -"Why didnt you buy a Vortech?" For my benifit, what are the advantages of a Novi 1K over an V1 or an S trim. OR should I sell and buy an S trim. Some of the dealers say that Vortech is a better product, but I know they are made by sister companies. The quiet impellar is a plus in my book, but what else is? I thnk I am the only guy at my track that runs a Paxton. I kinda feel isolated OK, lay it on me guys........
    More people run Vortech simply because Paxton was very slow to respond with a gear driven blower which Vortech was first to get to market to which gave them a tremendous head start. It's the same kind of thinking where a lot of people think Dodge makes a better minivan since they were the first...when in fact they're P.O.S.

Both companies make excellent products and you can't go wrong either way.....but I'll take a Paxton kit anyday over a Vortech simply because Vortech can't hold a candle to Paxton's bracketry....especially on the Novi2K setup. Both blowers are extremely durable and proven performers...but I give the edge to the Novi as it has a better impeller shaft ( 1 piece gear driven impeller shaft....the Vortech uses a press on gear thus making it 2 piece)

In terms of bang for the buck....again the nod goes to Paxton.....the Novi 1000 kit can't be beat for it's cost....same goes for the Novi 2000...under $3000 for a blower that can be pullied up to 25+lbs on engines easily up to 400+ cubes without breaking a sweat.

As for support....plenty of stuff available for Novi's as the only stuff that would /could need changing is the pullies (ASP and SCH Racing both manufacture pullies for the Novi's....no need for improved brackets and such as they are excellent already. The only thing that needs improving in the 1000 kit IMO is to include the Novi 2000 discharge tube with it's built in bypass provisions and a bypass valve.

add to all that this: It's good to be different....going with a Vortech is about as setting yourself apart from the crowd as putting a set Cobra R wheels on your car.....nothing even remotely unique there. I get tons of compliments at the local cruise for my blower choice, from "Nice to see something other than another cookie cutter Vortech setup" or "Are those brackets custom for that blower...they look like you could hang anything off of them" I even get the Vortech guys commenting on the fact they wish Vortech made such nice brackets for their kits.

I'm not knocking Vortech bt lots of race guys have had problem for years with tossing belts due to bracket flex....it took a good guy like Ian who's not affiliated with Vortech to get it right with his own aftermarket kit that's modeled after the Novi setup.

Hmmm, interesting . Didn't really consider those points. How does a Novi 1K compare to as far as CFM ratings go. SCH racing no longer produces any pullies so I had to buy a $200 8" renegade pulley. i can only muster 7.3 lbs of boost so far. No complaints as far as performance though. It hauls major booty. I couldnt imagine 14-15 lbs. It pulls hard with 7lbs and smokes tires all the way thru 4th gear.

Quote Originally Posted by 92 coupe
    Hmmm, interesting . Didn't really consider those points. How does a Novi 1K compare to as far as CFM ratings go. SCH racing no longer produces any pullies so I had to buy a $200 8" renegade pulley. i can only muster 7.3 lbs of boost so far. No complaints as far as performance though. It hauls major booty. I couldnt imagine 14-15 lbs. It pulls hard with 7lbs and smokes tires all the way thru 4th gear.
    92, buy a powerpipe and the boost should go up dramatically with the 8" crank already on there. I made a solid 10 psi and easy 10 second horsepower with my 1000. Paxton has the only two blowers us street guys really need. One is mid 10 capable and the other is mid 8 capable. Novi's are pretty sweet and i can certainly see myself getting back into a 2000.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    92, buy a powerpipe and the boost should go up dramatically with the 8" crank already on there. I made a solid 10 psi and easy 10 second horsepower with my 1000. Paxton has the only two blowers us street guys really need. One is mid 10 capable and the other is mid 8 capable. Novi's are pretty sweet and i can certainly see myself getting back into a 2000.
    Um, I have an AFM powerpipe already. I have H/C/I also - all tfs stuff.

belt tight? whats your altitude? whats it turn in the 1/4? what cam are you running?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

belt tight? whats your altitude? whats it turn in the 1/4? what cam are you running?
    No belt slip, TFS stg 1 cam tfs heads and tfs track heat intake. Not sure about my altitude? I live in Florida though? It doesnt really matter though. You guys convinced me that I made a good choice and I am happy with the performance of it. I guess that is what matters.

thats a great combo and the cam is a great blower cam for sure. Get a good tune up and you'll be more than happy. any pics?

thats a great combo and the cam is a great blower cam for sure. Get a good tune up and you'll be more than happy. any pics?
    Heres 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

a few more. What cha think?
    Last edited by 92 coupe; 11-15-2004 at 09:20 PM.

:)

last 1

Nice ride man!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

WOW! thats awesome! Very clean!