Thread: How the F*** do I get the vortech crank pulley to fit with an sn95 fan?

Junior SCH Member

How the F*** do I get the vortech crank pulley to fit with an sn95 fan?

It doesnt come close to fitting. What have you guys done to make it fit? I'm using a pep boys 3 core radiator
    92 Mustang LX
    TFS heads, TFS intake, FTI cam, 75mm TB, Longtubes, Tremec TKO. 12.8 @ 108 untuned

well you may need to swap fans or do some trimming. Got any pictures?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    No, no pics. It hits the entire fan including the fan motor. Im going to see if I can move my rad toward the front as much as I can and see what I can rig up. Ramchargers makes a fan and it says 3 5/8" deep for 80 bucks. I'd rather not have to buy another fan. I dont need the one with the wire harness since my cars already wired though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grn92LX
    No, no pics. It hits the entire fan including the fan motor. Im going to see if I can move my rad toward the front as much as I can and see what I can rig up. Ramchargers makes a fan and it says 3 5/8" deep for 80 bucks. I'd rather not have to buy another fan. I dont need the one with the wire harness since my cars already wired though.
    Been there, tried that. Had to buy a Ramchargers fan. Still tight with the new fan, but does not rub at all. 3 5/8 wide at the largest point, where your crank goes, it should be in between the 2 fan motors giving you a little more clearance. If it makes you feel better, the Ramcharger moves a LOT of air without pulling a lot of amperage.

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, I ordered the ramchargers dual fan last night, the $79.99 one w/o the harness. How long did it take them to ship yours? I paid extra for 2 day air so i'm hoping its here saturday otherwise im gonna f'n flip out!!

Mike

Did they ship ups. If so, on saturday they only deliver saturday air.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com