Thread: im tryin to help another buddy out with something if you guys could help me out with

im tryin to help another buddy out with something if you guys could help me out with

a few questions it would be great

first what is the tranny thats in the new cobra's

my friend is tryin to get a tranny for his car basically just needs something with a more torque rating whats up wiht the t-45 and some others that arent very much money let me know on this if you can please thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamf4i
    a few questions it would be great

first what is the tranny thats in the new cobra's

my friend is tryin to get a tranny for his car basically just needs something with a more torque rating whats up wiht the t-45 and some others that arent very much money let me know on this if you can please thanks

The T-56 is what comes in the new Cobra its a 6-speed. You can look into a Tremec TKO or TKO II or a G-Force T-5,, All those trannys are good to 500-600 Hp,,,, Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

whats up with the g force t-5 any good i will eventually need to get a tranny also but i dont know what will work i want something that will hold up to 700 horses

on my buddy's note he just needs something better than t-5 like just a step up really

and im my note should i just go to like a c-4 automatic is it cheaper and how much would it cost me to go from the t-5 to a c-4 i thought that was a good auto thats holds up to lots of power

Senior SCH Member

i was gonna buy a tranny from them before but they dont have it on the site anymore it was a tranny that held 975 ftp

If it is a weekend car/racer C4's are awesome. When you sell your T-5 stuff you can recoup most of the cost when going to an automatic. I've got about $800 in my C4 setup, but i'll have about 1500 in it when i get the T-brake and the right converter in there.

But then it's ready for the 9's.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

so how would this need to go down like where do i buy the tranny and prices and what all components and does my computer need to be changed or what i just have no clue on doin this so i need help with c-4 conversion

Well i've done a couple and it's not a big deal. As far as what you need to buy it depends on what you want to do. If you want a tranny brake don't even buy one unless you plan to spend 7-800 on axels, a new posi, ect, cause you'll brake some parts. You don't need to change your computer. You really don't need a fancy tranny but you do need some important pieces for it to function correctly.

1. Fresh Tranny---does not need to be mega dollar but you get what you pay for.
    2. Big deep pan and tranny cooler---C4's need all the extra fluid cause heat is what kills a C4.
    3. Full manual reverse VB---A C4 with a blower will not shift @ WOT under boost from 2-3. On a side note this helps the tranny to keep cool anyways.
    4. H or F servo.
    5. last but not least----converter.....a c4 will only be good as the converter you buy.....when someones car "slows down" when they go to an AUTO it's because they have the wrong converter in there.

Some like sticks but i like reliability.....
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

no **** man you sound like you know what you are doing i would have to save up and stuff im just tryin to figure out how im gonna do this cause i think in the long run my car will be better with strong auto

and my car seems like it should have close to 700 horses i mean i have d-1 17# pulley heads intake everything

what all you need to make that kind of horses and do you think c-4 holds up to that power