Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
By-pass valve or MAxflow vlave

Thread: By-pass valve or MAxflow vlave

Junior SCH Member

By-pass valve or MAxflow vlave

i need to know blow off valve to use i have the stock bosch one and need to up to something bigger becaues its eating my belt can somebody help me

How much boost are you running is the key question. Typically up to 12 lbs the Bosch ones are more than fine. After that you would start looking into something like the Vortech Max-Flow. If you're running under 15lbs and shredding belts on a regular basisyou're looking in the wrong place. Make sure for starters that you're bypass is connected and functioning properly.

Junior SCH Member
    yea i checked the bosch bypass valve its working fine... the belt is not flying off or rip ribs of nothing like that its just taking little chunks out of it... i called Vortech and they say its the bypass valve is to small for the boost i'm running i hit 14 the the belts slips but with the 8 crank pully and the 2.95 blower pully on my SQ-trim it should be around 16-20 is what they are telling me and the math with the impeller speed stuff like that... so i'm trying to find out what to do with this thing before i burn it.......... LOLLOLLOL

With that kind of boost you need at least a Max-Flow bypass.

Junior SCH Member
    cool thanks