Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Will I have to remove radiator?

Thread: Will I have to remove radiator?

Senior SCH Member

Will I have to remove radiator?

I'm just wondering if it will be necessary to remove my 3 core radiator to install my Novi 1000? I am considering changing my thermostat and flushing my coolant system today but if I am going to have to do it again in ~3 weeks when go to install my Novi I will just wait until then to do it. Thanks for any info, Ryan
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

No, just the fan and fan shroud.

I don't recall having to remove it...... although I run an electric fan set-up and am well versed at pulling the blower after all my headgasket changes, lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    Alright, thanks guys. I didnt think so but thought I would ask. I also have an elec fan which wont be a problem to remove. I did decide to just wait on changing the coolant though until I do the blower b/c I figure it will be much easier to get to the thermostat and its housing while I have that top bracket off.