Thread: What powerpipes fit W/O cutting the fender hole?

Junior SCH Member

What powerpipes fit W/O cutting the fender hole?

I'd like to add a powerpipe after I finish up my Vortech SQ install. I will NOT cut my fender up at all, so im looking for something that fits w/o any cutting. I saw upr's boostmaster pipe for $100 but its 4", will that fit? If not, what are my options? Car is a 92 LX
    92 Mustang LX
    TFS heads, TFS intake, FTI cam, 75mm TB, Longtubes, Tremec TKO. 12.8 @ 108 untuned

I think Dallas Mustang offers a slightly smaller diameter pipe. If you're worried about hacking up your car, it's really not that bad of a job, just enlarge the existing hole a bit and finish it out with some trim. If you take your time, the job can be done very cleanly and will not detract from the appearance in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Anything smaller than a 4" would not be a PowerPipe or Clone of one. The idea is to allow the Supercharger to get its incoming air without restriction.

SCH Member
    How did you guys enlarge the hole for your power pipes?
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit

Knew we'd talk ya into it, lol. I used a jig saw, removed the base, and a fine metal blade. Took maybe 15 minutes and came out clean as hell, pics are in my photopost somewhere......
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

SCH Member
    Ah, looks nice! I like the polished aluminum panel on the inner fender with the FP gauge.
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit

Thanks man!!

SCH Member
    What gauge aluminum/steel did you use for that panel? Did you hand polish it or send it out?
    Last edited by Quik5oh; 11-23-2004 at 09:42 PM.

I don't recall the gauge, I picked it up by "feel" lol. Hand polished, man that was fun but no where near as fun as the TFS intake :D

SCH Member
    I don't recall the gauge, I picked it up by "feel" lol.
    Hahaha, I'll probably do the same. Is it steel or aluminum?

Also, what brand is your fan switch? It looks like a good quality, HD switch. I can't find one like that in my local auto parts store.

I'm just pirating all kinds of information from ya! LOL!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Quik5oh; 11-23-2004 at 09:45 PM.

lol, no problem.....

The panels are aluminum, the relay came from a car stereo shop....It's a PAC brand if I recall correctly.....