Thread: Slipping and throwing belts

blown5oh

Slipping and throwing belts

OK, my little 2 belt novi 1k is seeing 16# of boost, but when it does, the belt slips and eventually gets thrown.

The blower bracket appears to be flexing under heavy boost.

Has anyone had this problem w/ the novi 1k or any other blower? How do we reinforce the bracket and also stop the belt from riding off the pulley?

Thanks.
    Last edited by blown5oh; 11-24-2004 at 09:09 AM.

blown5oh
    OK, so nobody's got belt slip or has thrown a belt??? :teeth: I find that hard to believe. Come on fellas, you guys always have some advice.

I think your one of 2 that are around 16lbs of boost on a novi 1k.... So I really don't think there's many people with that problem.... You could look at what Ian is selling, he might have something to stiffen your brackets. I'm sure you've already triple checked that the allignment is dead on.... You might have to look at Novi 2k brackets, or talk to Vortech guys and see what they use, they might have a universal piece or something
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

blown5oh
    Thanks sinner. Yeah, the alignment of the pulleys is deadon. Where can I find Ian's products? When I click on SCH products it brings me back to the SCH home page. Thanks.