Thread: What Are The Capabilities of A D3-R?

What Are The Capabilities of A D3-R?

I have a 437 BBC (4.60"Bore x 3.292" Stroke) Aluminum Rods,9.6:1, Dart Big Chief, ETC...ETC... It was originally built as a Nitrous motor for 2 stages in a L/S Car. Now looking at other options. thinking Blow-Through....Maybe Alcohol? I found a D3-R & Was wondering if this would be sufficient? Also I/ve seen some changing from the D3-R to a F-1, Curious of Why.(Any pros or cons of the D3?) THANKS In Advance!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    not sure what you are looking to do, but a D3-R will be enough to get that a 32-3300# car without to much trouble. why would somebody go from that to an F-1? good question. the F-1 is a very good blower, but will not hang with that blower. now an F-2, thats more of a closer match. the F-series is self contained so it does not run off hot engine oil, uses very low weight oil for less resistance and that are generally way more efficent (will move more air and take less power to turn then the similar D-series would). the D3-R will make pleanty of power on that motor.
    93 notch-s-trim@11 p.s.i.,twisted wedge,GT-40,comp,306-pump gas only-10.93@129.7 on bfg drag radials--10.64@127.5 on ET drags
    548rwhp/502 rwtq

new 340" procharged combo in the works

THANKS!!!

THANKS!!!!! Very Much For The Info.
    Robbie