Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Questions about MAF's, Injectors and NOVI 2k Setup

Thread: Questions about MAF's, Injectors and NOVI 2k Setup

Question Questions about MAF's, Injectors and NOVI 2k Setup

I'm in the market for a MAF, Injectors, and Fuel Pump. My questions are regarding what to run with this combo and will a Lightning MAF w/42lb Injectors work with this setup. Any help/suggestions would be awesome!!

347 Stroker
    w/Weisco 8.8:1 Pistons for Forced Induction
    Scat Forged Internals
    Canfield Aluminum Heads
    Motorsport 1.6 Roller Rockers
    Edelbrock RPM II Intake
    Loc-wire head gasket
    Elec Water Pump
    Moroso 7qt Pan/Scraper
    DSS Main Support
    Comp Cams (adv. dur 282/294 & @.050 232/244) (vl .565/.580) @ 114 LSA
    Matched Comp Cams Triple Valve Springs
    Novi 2000 @ 14 psi
    Romac Damper
    AFM PowerPipe

Any suggestions about the combo, changes, etc would be great... TIA!!

Personally I think the 42's are on the small side for a 347 running that kind of boost. I think most of the other guys around here running that kind of combo will tell you to run at least 50's. I'd also be leaning towards a full fuel system with rails and the whole supporting cast. If you go with a Ligtening MAF you'll need the big one (90mm) Also note in case you aren't aware, the LMAF requires a chip to work properly.

Is this based on a production 5.0 block? If so, you're playing with fire as that combo should easily pump out well into 500 + rwhp range if tuned properly.

Thanks for the reply Hawk..

Yes this is a New Ford OE 302 block, unfortunately. Do you think I'll be safe with this setup at 8psi boost? I'm really looking for about 500 rwhp and I hoped with a main support I would be safe at this HP level. I want to try and keep it down a notch so I can put off the full fuel system and getting a R302 block for another year or two.

I have to get a custom chip done no matter since the cam I'm running calls for it not to mention the MAF/Injector setup too.

With boost down to 8lbs then 42's should be OK and should get you to or very close to your 500 rwhp goal. The block is still a weak link regardless of the main support though so tune it conservative to keep it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    With boost down to 8lbs then 42's should be OK and should get you to or very close to your 500 rwhp goal. The block is still a weak link regardless of the main support though so tune it conservative to keep it alive.

I made 516 @5600 with a 306 with 14# of boost and ran out of injector above that...i need 50's or 60's....with a 347 stroker you should be ~ 40 plus hp above me ......if you run 8-10# you should be very close
    if you go higher look into a better block...you will eventually crack it rember when you figure out injector size use FLYWHEEL hp not rwhp!!!!!!!! 500 rwhp is ~575 flywheel!!

Mike
    www.mikeymustang.com
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Yup, from the best I can figure my 42's were running a little lean as well and smoking headgaskets on a conservative "tune". This was with a "little" Novi 1000 and a 331.

I also agree that 500 RWHP will be a proverbial "time-bomb" when using a stock block, keep the tune conservative and don't get too greedy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Well, if that is the case on the injectors then I should shoot for my orginal plan of buying the Siemen Deka 55# Injectors to have some room for growth when going to a new block down the road. What MAF do you guys suggest for this setup while using a Novi 2000? Keep in mind I will be getting a custom tune done...

Senior SCH Member
    I am going to be selling a set of Siemen's Deka 55# high impedance injectors. They have been recently flowed and I have 9 of them so you have a spare. I am going to ask $400 for 9 of them.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    You did not say which of the Canfields you are planning to run but, with basically same parts combo except with Victor Junior heads, a friend of mine made 387hp @ 6500 on a Mustang dyno, call it 440 flywheel hp. Oh, and that was n/a, no blower installed, was hitting 70% DC on his 42s at 6500. Needless to say when he installed a base S-trim kit later on it made just 6 psi at 5800 when he ran out of 42 pound injector running at stock 42 psi fuel pressure, it put down 503 rwhp after he upped base pressure and got the a/f in a safe range, call it @ 580 at the crank. He ended up with the 42s going 85% DC running at 60 psi, told the eec via tune that he had 50 pounders installed. He is running a Sportsman block, so I hope it holds up for him for the long haul.
    Last edited by fanglemeister; 11-24-2004 at 02:26 PM.
    Chris

The Canfields are 64cc 2.02/1.60 Canfields - Out of the Box. I have the motor already, it's a long block waiting on Intake, TB, MAF, Injectors, and different electric water pump.

RSNovi... Let me know I may be interested in the injectors. I'm still waiting on some info on another setup here locally from the local Dyno Shop. Thanks,

Senior SCH Member
    I am going to take them out of the car this weekend and put them up for sale. If you are interested, email me.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381