Thread: Novi2000 Head unit on a 1000 bracket?

Senior SCH Member

Question Novi2000 Head unit on a 1000 bracket?

I have been told by a few people that the 2000 head unit will fit the 1000 bracket. I have the revised(2 belt) novi 1000 now and want to up grade to the 2000 unit. Can anyone tell me if the 2000 will fit the 1000 bracket. Any on got any pics.

Thanks, Rusty

Yes it will fit. However you will want/need to purchase the secondary bracket for the tensioner system the Novi 2000 uses.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    Do you know where I can purchase the secondary brackets from and will I need anything else other than the brackets? Thanks for the reply and helpful info.

Thanks, Rusty

maybe you can get it from one of the net's wholesale places? If you get it paxton direct they wound you on the price. You'll need the bracket, spacers, bolts and tensioner pulley. This is the ultimate system.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    I just purchased the front bracket for the Novi 2000. I had bought a Novi 2000 setup but it was one of the first one so the brackets were kind of do it yourself type deal and I did not trust the stuff that was included.

Anyways, be prepared to either spend some money, or piece it together. The first thing you want to do it go to Paxtons website, www.paxtonauto.com and download the instructions for the Novi 2000. Then you want to print page 23 of the instructions. That is the page with the bracket and part numbers you will need.

I purchased my parts from www.superchargersonline.com. I tried other places but they either did not want to get them or were higher in price then Paxton. Summitt, higher than Paxton. www.superchargersonline.com were a few dollars cheaper so I went with them.

Ok, you will need the #3 bracket, that will run you 43.00 bucks, not too bad. But the other small stuff. Ouch. I bought the top bracket, the tensioner bolt, the pulley awl (hold the pulley and the tensioner goes through it), a piece that holds the tension to the bracket and another support, and a standoff that holds one of the pulleys. That ran me 185.00 delivered. Now you will see 4 small sleeves that act as spacers. Those were 5 bucks each, so I just opted to make them myself.

Now you might be saying, hey I want one of those ten rib pulleys. I thought the same thing to, until I found out they were 91.00 each. As far as bolts go, just look on the instructions and they give you the sizes, lengths, and types. Stop by a local hardware store, spend the 4 dollars and get them all. There were only two that were not correct from the instructions to the actual parts. They were the two allen head pan screws. They were 1/4-18-1 not the 3/8x16x1/2.

Also in closing. If you opt to get the main bracket that holds the Novi 2000. Which I recommend you do, it is only 66 bucks delivered. I just bought one of those also. I have a 1/2 thick billet main bracket that came with my Novi 2000 but it sets the blower further to the side then I want it. My Novi came with an 8 rib setup so I will just get 8 rib pulleys from a production vehicle and shim the pullies as I need to, to get correct belt alignment.

Good Luck,
    Eric