Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REICARD RACING PULLEYS...QUESTION...

Junior SCH Member

REICARD RACING PULLEYS...QUESTION...

I recently just bought a riechard racing pulley for my Novi 2000. It has the slotted grooves in it for letting air out from under the belt for better grip.

I've noticed a lot more belt dust than I had when I didn't have the slotted pulley. I have a reverse rotation supercharger and was told by jim riechard that the words on the riecard racing pully should be facing the radiator of the car. I was recently talking to a friend of mine who has one but his is not a reverse rotation pulley and his pulley is facing the radiator....so what I am asking is:

1. do you think my pulley is on backwards from what Jim Riecard has told me?
    2. Do you guys experience a lot more belt dust than what you did before you got the riechard racing pulley? I hape this design doesn't chew up belts left and right....because it's too much of a big hassle

SCH Member
    reichard racing pulley = belt shredder..

Junior SCH Member
    Hmm.. I was wondering that!

I've gotten two pulleys from him and they were stamped on opposite sides for the exact same blower. As far as shredding belts, hmm. I've had a 2.7 that worked fine, making 16psi. Yes it did have a lot more dust than the regular pulley. I then tried a 2.6. That started to eat my belsts up. This is on a YSI making a lot of drag.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    I've gotten two pulleys from him and they were stamped on opposite sides for the exact same blower. As far as shredding belts, hmm. I've had a 2.7 that worked fine, making 16psi. Yes it did have a lot more dust than the regular pulley. I then tried a 2.6. That started to eat my belsts up. This is on a YSI making a lot of drag.
    i know of a few renegade teams who are sponsored by Reichard who use vortechs pulleys over his..

I have a Vortech 2.80 and have made over 28lbs..

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_hawaiin
    i know of a few renegade teams who are sponsored by Reichard who use vortechs pulleys over his..

I have a Vortech 2.80 and have made over 28lbs..
    WOW,

When I dynoed my setup. I had the 3" renegade pulley and it started to flaten out and slip just under 6,000 RPM. The RR 2.7" made four more psi and Held to about 6300 RPM's.

These were torqued to about 130. I think I have been chewing the belts on the 2.6" RR (yes new pulley) up between shifts. I have a plain jane TKO that I lift on the shifts. No power shifting. So this thing goes from 20 psi to vacuum and back to 14 psi in under a second. This can't be good on the belt. I will be going to an AOD this winter and it should help. I will test and then go from there as to what pulleys to use or even cogs.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member
    WOW,

When I dynoed my setup. I had the 3" renegade pulley and it started to flaten out and slip just under 6,000 RPM. The RR 2.7" made four more psi and Held to about 6300 RPM's.

These were torqued to about 130. I think I have been chewing the belts on the 2.6" RR (yes new pulley) up between shifts. I have a plain jane TKO that I lift on the shifts. No power shifting. So this thing goes from 20 psi to vacuum and back to 14 psi in under a second. This can't be good on the belt. I will be going to an AOD this winter and it should help. I will test and then go from there as to what pulleys to use or even cogs.
    a belt will stretch OVER an inch in about 3-4 1/4 mile passes... you may have experienced that..

I can tell you that we renegade guys tighten the belt about 2x tighter then that...

the reason you made more boost is apparent, you were spinning the blower 5k more rpm with a 2.7

Yup, that was why I went to the smaller pulley. I wanted to get more down low also. I retorque the belt every pass. I try to put a few hundred miles on it before i crank it down for the strip.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

SCH Member
    Yup, that was why I went to the smaller pulley. I wanted to get more down low also. I retorque the belt every pass. I try to put a few hundred miles on it before i crank it down for the strip.
    sounds like you need one of my strut rods and need to tension it down alot more..

I have one of the Vortech strut rods. I just need to do as you say and crank it down a lot more.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

we use the reichard pulley on our ysi...so does bob cook...they belt gets eaten just as bad w/ the vortech as it does with the riechard pulley... the ysi just has a lot of drag up top...with a regular ys we could use a 2.75 and get 10 passes or more out of a belt...the ysi isnt as forgiving..thats just us,im not saying there is anything wrong w/ the ysi....im just saying the reichard pulley works great on most apps. depends on your combo and what belt you use and how you tighten it......
    dale@swillracing

Oh, one last little bit of info. The 2.7 that I had originally I sold to a buddy with a s-trim and has had no shredding problems. I have very little problems with the 2.7 on the YSi. So either the 2.6 is just to small or it is the combination of size and drag of the YSi.

Some more food for thought.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    Oh, one last little bit of info. The 2.7 that I had originally I sold to a buddy with a s-trim and has had no shredding problems. I have very little problems with the 2.7 on the YSi. So either the 2.6 is just to small or it is the combination of size and drag of the YSi.

Some more food for thought.

I am not saying riechard racing pullies are bad..I just don't want to use it on my application because it's too much of a hassle to take my belt off the car since I have a reverse rotation supercharger..It's a very good looking pulley and Jim is a very kind person also to deal with. So maybe my application just doesn't work. It may work on others...

If anyone wants it let me know...it's a 2.70" for a novi 2000, if not I am sending it back to him.

No one is saying one is better than another, there is a time and place for everything. Just giving info to try and help each other make an informed decision.

I know your pain. I am this close [-->] to going to cogs. But even then you can rip the teeth of the belts.

There will never be a concensus on much of anything when it comes to cars.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    I wish I could go to a cog system...do they make it for an 8 rib Novi 2000 paxton set up? It would be kind of cool! No more belt slippage!