Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Are Crane Interceptors II's....

Thread: Are Crane Interceptors II's....

Exclamation Are Crane Interceptors II's....

still worth buying?....i got a guy here selling on for 150 and im wanting to pick it up...im running s-trim w/ all the goodies and nuthing done to my computer..think its worth buying? thanks

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Best money you will ever spend

PM Hawk or he'll chime in, if I recall correctly he uses or has extensively used the Cran Interceptor....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Been using one since 91 if you need help tuning and of course you can visit www.stangtuning.com

Thanks for the replys guys...Im gonna pick this thing up and pretty sure ill be asking for help on tuning. Not many people around here w/ superchargers to help out..Thanks :)

It's a great tool even today and does basically 95% of the things a PMS will do (for those unaware the Interceptor is the big brother of the PMS...Crane later dropped it and the original designer who developed the technology took over the duty of producing it as the EFI Systems PMS)

To me there are only two things that limit it compared to a pre-2004 version PMS....It can only read up to 15psi of boost and it has no cranking fuel adjustment which becomes important with 42lb or larger injectors....but for $150 it's a great deal if it works fine....they typically fetch $250 on Ebay...sometimes more.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    It's a great tool even today and does basically 95% of the things a PMS will do (for those unaware the Interceptor is the big brother of the PMS...Crane later dropped it and the original designer who developed the technology took over the duty of producing it as the EFI Systems PMS)

To me there are only two things that limit it compared to a pre-2004 version PMS....It can only read up to 15psi of boost and it has no cranking fuel adjustment which becomes important with 42lb or larger injectors....but for $150 it's a great deal if it works fine....they typically fetch $250 on Ebay...sometimes more.

I too just bought one. Do you have any programs written down that could give me a good starting point. I have a sc-trim vortech on my '93 cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangcobra93
    I too just bought one. Do you have any programs written down that could give me a good starting point. I have a sc-trim vortech on my '93 cobra.
    Check out StangTuning.com

The link below will take you to the programs page. Poke around and see if there is a car there with a similiar combo to you.

Link to programs:

http://www.stangtuning.com/forumdisp...c&daysprune=-1

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    Check out StangTuning.com

The link below will take you to the programs page. Poke around and see if there is a car there with a similiar combo to you.

Link to programs:

http://www.stangtuning.com/forumdisp...c&daysprune=-1

thank you very much, i've been visiting that site and didn't even notice that section. Thanks again! :)

Senior SCH Member
    I use an Interceptor 2 on my car. Car trapped @120 with E-cam, Exploreer heads and intake, and 12#'s of boost. Will see how it works with the new setup.

Good Luck
    Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113