Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Aluminum Pipe

Thread: Aluminum Pipe

Junior SCH Member

Aluminum Pipe

Does anyone know where I can get some 3 1/2" polished aluminum pipe? I need to have a custom power pipe made.

Use mild steel and then have it coated....... not sure if you'll run across polished alum and if ya do, it won't be cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Here's a pic of the one I made outta 3" mild steel, had it ceramic coated....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

You can do a google search and find lots of places to buy aluminum pipe. I'd just order some, make the tube, and polish it before installing. Polishing it would be pretty easy and then you don't have to worry about messing up the finish while fabbing it. I know diddly about supercharging but I do know metal at least :blob:

I'm a TIG welder and work at a custom metal shop, so luckily I can get about anything I want to fab stuff. I've been thinking about making my own tubes and even a custom intake. That's if I don't rip the s/c off and melt it down or throw it in the Arkansas (we pronounce it our-kansas her in Kansas) river..haven't decided yet.
    Last edited by PNY PWR; 12-07-2004 at 03:43 AM.
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com