Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
You guy's w/ramcharger fans!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You guy's w/ramcharger fans!

You guy's w/ramcharger fans!

I'm wanting to buy a ramchargers fan over the winter, but not sure which fan to buy? with or without the harness? I have a perma cool electronic thermostat w/ a temp probe that goes between the fins, and is already wired with my existing fan. Can i make this work w/ the ramchrgs fan and no harness, or do i need the wiring harness? and/or maybe a diiferent type thermostat also? Thanx for any help in advance.
    Jorge

Subscribing, cause I'm wondering the same thing.

If you already have the relay and the temp sensor, there is no need to buy the complete harness. I was running a SN 95 fan, so I had the relay and the temp sensor already. I just bought the $79 fanand used my existing wires and sensor. I don't think the fan comes with a temp sensor anyways, only a wiring harness and relays. Excellent fan though. Flows a TON of air.

what cfms are these things pushing? im in the market for a mark VIII fan they pull 5k cfm.

Thanks 92coupe i'll just get the fan without the harness.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by on3 racing
    what cfms are these things pushing? im in the market for a mark VIII fan they pull 5k cfm.
    ramchargers website has them rated @2350CFM's this kinda worries me as that is NOT impressive. my Mk8 fan was taken out when my crank broke, so im looking into either a ramchargers or a taurus fan since its offset compared to the Mk8 fan.

Scott
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

the taurus fan is supposed to be a two speed. 2500 cfm and 4000 cfm. i know a few guys using the taurus fan and have no problems and we live in tucson az home of 115 degree summers.

Quote Originally Posted by blown1989saleen
    ramchargers website has them rated @2350CFM's this kinda worries me as that is NOT impressive. my Mk8 fan was taken out when my crank broke, so im looking into either a ramchargers or a taurus fan since its offset compared to the Mk8 fan.

Scott
    2350cfm is plenty of airflow. I run the Ramcharger setup on my Bird with a 19x31 aluminum 2 core rad and I have never had a cooling issue. Also of note is the fact I've never even put on high....use the low setting always. I've sat in 90* weather in stop and go traffic and the car has never gotten hotter than 195*...pretty impressive considering my car has NO grill openings to pull air through like a Mustang does. Don't get me wrong the MarkVIII is a great fan but is overkill IMO....it may flow a ton of air but it's an amperage hog as well.

Hawk what temp thermostat do have in your car 180/160?
    Jorge

SCH Member
    Hawk, Did you have to modify anything to get that 19"x31" radiator in there? It looks like it clears the A/C or did you modify them? I saw Summit has a griffin for $179. I was thinking of getting that with the Ramchargers fan too. The stock fan and radiator are just not cutting it.

Thanks
    Last edited by 86merc; 12-06-2004 at 10:32 AM.
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    Hawk what temp thermostat do have in your car 180/160?
    I run a Mr.Gasket 180*

Quote Originally Posted by 86merc
    Hawk, Did you have to modify anything to get that 19"x31" radiator in there? It looks like it clears the A/C or did you modify them? I saw Summit has a griffin for $179. I was thinking of getting that with the Ramchargers fan too. The stock fan and radiator are just not cutting it.
    There were some slight mods made. On the rad itself I had to cut the outlet tube is it was way too long and interferred with the blower pulley.

I also had to create a little room for the A/C tubes which I did by massaging the sheetmetal with a piece of 2x4 and a hammer to shape it. I also trimmed the area pointed out in the pic to allow the brackets to fit down nice and low as this rad sits a little higher than stock....I did the same at the bottom where it rests on the perches. The only other thing was cutting the rubber inserts for the retaining brackets and perches to allow for the extra width of the rad.

My radiator is made by Northern Race Pro which makes the rads for Summit. I picked it up on Ebay from a vendor there which was cheaper ($169) and ths shipping was much cheaper from him than what Summit wanted (we get gouged by Summit for shipping to Canada) Here's a link to one of his auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33602

He also sells a direct fit rad for 5 speed and Auto Mustangs starting at $239.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheHawk05; 12-06-2004 at 04:09 PM.

SCH Member
    Cool. Thanks.

I think i will order this stuff up and give it a try. I drive my car a lot and it creeps up to 210/215* while in stop and go traffic and 90+ degree heat. I hate turning off the A/C to get the temps back down under 200*. lol
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

Thanks Hawk that's the exact one i have, was wondering if i needed the 160,since i still have the motorsport rad?
    Jorge

A 160 is too cold for a street car.....the EEC stays in warm up mode with that thermostat and will send your fuel economy in the tank.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    2350cfm is plenty of airflow. I run the Ramcharger setup on my Bird with a 19x31 aluminum 2 core rad and I have never had a cooling issue. Also of note is the fact I've never even put on high....use the low setting always. I've sat in 90* weather in stop and go traffic and the car has never gotten hotter than 195*...pretty impressive considering my car has NO grill openings to pull air through like a Mustang does. Don't get me wrong the MarkVIII is a great fan but is overkill IMO....it may flow a ton of air but it's an amperage hog as well.
    agreed the Mk8 does put a BIG load on the alternator for sure, but i got spoiled having it on there, even in the hottest weather my temps didnt go above 185 :teeth: now i need to make a choice, my Mk8 fan was ruined when my crank broke, im trying to decide if i want another Mk8 a RamChargers fan or keep the stock mechanical fan and shroud, and actually the mechanical fan works extremely well and i felt NO power loss either by the old SOTP :D

one question, if i go with the Ramchargers setup, can i use my existing relay, temp sensor and wiring from my Mk8 fan??
    Scott
    Last edited by blown1989saleen; 12-07-2004 at 01:37 AM.
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's