Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do, need help pretty quick

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. It would sure be nice to run a little more timing. I don't even know what to start checking or if there's a way to tell what is wrong.
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

I wouldn't sweat it. Take it to the dyno or the track and put it on a wideband. just because it dosen't look good on paper dosen;t mean it won't run the way it should. Every engine/car/combo is different then the next.

example: my friend has a bracket car with a 540. From that statement you would think "hmm car that runs a good 9 second pass". Actually the car goes 5.50 in the 1/8 mile and a good high 8 just about every pass and a best of 8.60 i think. All motor.....

Take it to the track and go from there.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D