Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi 2000 renegade???

Thread: Novi 2000 renegade???

Novi 2000 renegade???

Anyone running the NOvi 2000 renegade kit??? I just picked one up on Friday and I am wondering how you have the intake pipe and blowoff valve set up?

I'm thinking of getting this...........

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.co.../AF-0129C1.jpg

nice setup.. you'll need to run at least a 3" or 4" cowl and a 80mm pro-m style meter.. i don't think it would be practical for an everyday car because of the meter and filter being completely open to rain, snow, etc... the inlet is fine and it will put the bypass where the factory airbox was roughly, if i remember correctly and the piping routes between the firewall and the intake. most of the renegade guys you will find runing a stepped discharge tube as the one in Anderson's kit is too restrictive... brian mitchell and i can make intake and discharge tubes no problem.. we have a local source for everything needed... the mandrel bends, silicone reinforced tube, stainless steel t bolt clamps... if its just a track car, go with the AFM kit if you like it, it works... if you'll have it on the street a fair amount and want to pipe the inlet into the fender, let me know... you can get me on click click as well..

The car is a track car only, so no need to worry about rain/snow/etc.

I have an 83mm Pro-M MAF for it, so thats taken care off. I actually have a discharge tube for it (came in the kit) and only need the intake tube and the BOV.

I was also thinking of somthing like this.

yup.. that's brians... it's a lot tricker than you can tell from this picture... it is routed just right to fit under the 4" cowl while still clearing the large distributor cap, plus the tabs for added tube retention (yes he really needed them at around 30psi), and the stepup in diameter just before the final bend.. i don't even want to tell you what he paid for it.. lol... it wasnt cheap, but like everything that come out of ron's shop, it's premium quality... the blue inlet is an AFM to the best of my knowledge... and that novi in the pic was the novi i was trying to sell you... :p i still have it by the way, and his and hers novi 2000s are all the latest rage this christmas season :freaks:

oh.. and take note how brian and i had to trim the brace out of the cowl hood in the center so the hood would close completely...
    Last edited by dizntz; 12-13-2004 at 03:03 PM.

I saw how the hood was "clearanced". lol.

I like how it's set up. It would be perfect for me also due to the fact that I wouldn't have to extend the MAF harness farther than what I have it now. I don't need anything extravagant for the discharge tube, I can use the one that came with the kit.

I'm gonna talk with Spence down at Rhodes when I pick up the remainder of my parts and see what he says.

if you need any help with it, pm me... brian is usually willing to lend a hand as well... we both try to be helpful when we have spare time.... plus we have a lot of leftover, slightly raced go fast goodies hanging about usually...

NP, thanks for the information. I'll shoot ya a PM if I have any questions.

SCH Member
    dizntz, you said you have a source for the silicone hose couplings and Tclamps. Could you shoot me a price on those. I cant source them here locally. I need a hose coupling that can fit a 75 throttle body the t clamps that can fit 75, 70, and my 80 Pro M.

Thanks,
    Eric

what size tube are you going to from the throttle body?? i have a 70mm throttle body coupled to a 3 1/2" tube and i believe i have some leftover tube from that project... it is not silicone hose like you would get from turbonetics... its dayco black gold... its what big rigs use on their intercoolers... cost me about $26/ foot... t bolt clamps are usually around $5-$6 a piece.. but they are stainless steel... please provide qty for the following and i'll get you a firm price...

hose:
    ID in inches
    total length needed in inches (i believe i used 4"-5" per coupling on my own)

clamps:
    how many total (i believe you are asking for three???)

i am guesstimating, assuming you need 1' total tube and three clamps... it would probably come to roughly $35-$40...