Thread: Its in and runs!!!!!! Got a few questions....

Senior SCH Member

Its in and runs!!!!!! Got a few questions....

Well I got it started tonight and hope to have it running well enough to get to the dyno tomorrow for a tune but I have a few last minute questions.

Where did you guys tap into the vaccum system for the bypass valve? Did you just buy a 'T' and run it off one of the nipples on the vaccum tree?

Anybody with a 3 core radiator, how close is your blower pulley to the upper radiator hose? Mine is REALLY close and I am worried about it rubbing as the motor torques/shakes etc. I cut some of the flange off the radiator outlet and cut as much of the 90 degree elbow off the radiator hose that I felt I could.

Anybody have trouble with their belt wanting to jump off the A/C pulley? That is where mine keeps wanting to walk to. I thought I had it fixed when I took one washer out from behind the bolt that holds the tensioner to the existing stud on the A/C mounting bracket but I think it is still wanting to walk at least one rib out. Any advice/hints?

Thanks again for all your help and I hope I have some good numbers to post tomorrow, Ryan
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

I ran a line from the vac tree over to the FMU, ran a tee off that line for the bypass valve and one for the vac/boostgauge.

I have a 3 core also. My proform electric fan is pretty close but have had no problems.

I did have a belt problem too. One rib of the belt has sheared off. Not sure if I didn't have it on one of the pullies good or what. It's working ok with 5 ribs.
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com