Thread: WHat procharger model for me??

Junior SCH Member

WHat procharger model for me??

I drive a 95 mustang gt with 331 stroker with h/c/i. I have every other bolt on possible and the only thing left for me to do is to add a blower. My compression is 8:7:1 so I can run quite a bit of boost. However, the block can only handle around 500 and I am looking for 450hp to the wheels. I live in Arizona in case that makes a difference. What Procharger should I go with?? I was thinking the d1sc might be the best choice but I have no idea. I was thinking the d1sc would have less belt slip at say 10psi. Is this true?? Someone please help me!!

SCH Member
    If you're not looking for any more than 500hp then a D1SC would probably be the best choice for your application.

Junior SCH Member
    I have seen a couple of underhood shots from 94-95 cars with the d1sc and they are on the drivers side as opposed to the passenger side with the p1sc correct?? Also, on the pics I have seen the air filter from the charger sits right beside the intake manifold. Is that the only way to mount the intake inlet or can you get power pipes to put the charge in the fender the like the p1sc??

SCH Member
    Both the P1SC and D1SC mount on the driver's side on '94 and '95 Mustangs. As far as the air filter question, I can't answer that one.