Thread: Finally some dyno numbers with the novi!

Finally some dyno numbers with the novi!

Took the car to JMS in Alabama today. I have TFS H/C/I and novi 1000 with the 8" renegade crank pulley. This is a very safe tune and it is on a Mustang dyno , not a dyno jet.
    473 rwhp @ 5750
    434 tq @ 4750

I saw 11lbs of boost @ 6000rpm
    I got a SCT chip burned for it and it runs like a scalded dog now. Excellent street manners.

sweet #'s, throw a little 110 in there and bump the timing and you can be one of the 500 RWHP Novi 1000 guys :D

Makes me wish I would have run mine on the dyno before selling the blower......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

NICE :teeth:

I'm uping the boost as soon as fuel upgrade funding is available. What kinda boost might I see with the crank pulley change?
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

Quote Originally Posted by PNY PWR
    NICE :teeth:

I'm uping the boost as soon as fuel upgrade funding is available. What kinda boost might I see with the crank pulley change?
    I saw 11 lbs @ 6000 rpm and I have only swapped the crank pulley (8" renegade pulley). I also have an AFM powerpipe also. Yours should be around the same boost numbers.

Nice numbers..... single belt novi?
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Quote Originally Posted by sinner
    Nice numbers..... single belt novi?
    I have a new 2 belt Novi

Senior SCH Member
    Holly hell those are nice numbers!!! I wish I had a 5 speed just for dyno number comparison sake. The AOD eats up so much rear wheel HP numbers. But I just recently had a SCT chip burned as well. However, at the time we were on the dyno I was having detonation issues and I think my belt was slipping so my numbers were only 340/360. I didnt know about the belt slipping until yesterday and when I tightened it up and went for a ride "wow" is all I can say! :) I cant wait to get back to the track w/ my draglites, ET Streets, and more boost. But on 17" wheels and some DR's with the slipping belt in every gear I still got a 12.0 @ 116 mph w/ a crappy 1.9 60ft. Are you planning on taking yours to the track? If so please post up.

What A/F ratio did you guys end up running?
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

Quote Originally Posted by NothinButNotch
    Holly hell those are nice numbers!!! I wish I had a 5 speed just for dyno number comparison sake. The AOD eats up so much rear wheel HP numbers. But I just recently had a SCT chip burned as well. However, at the time we were on the dyno I was having detonation issues and I think my belt was slipping so my numbers were only 340/360. I didnt know about the belt slipping until yesterday and when I tightened it up and went for a ride "wow" is all I can say! :) I cant wait to get back to the track w/ my draglites, ET Streets, and more boost. But on 17" wheels and some DR's with the slipping belt in every gear I still got a 12.0 @ 116 mph w/ a crappy 1.9 60ft. Are you planning on taking yours to the track? If so please post up.

What A/F ratio did you guys end up running?
    The tune/ chip helped the drivabilty and manners so much. I actually enjoy driving it now. I should have done it a long time ago. Runs and drives smooth as silk. I was planning on taking it to the track when it reopens in Feb., but now with these numbers I believe I am deep into axel snapping territory. So until I get some decent axels on it(and locker), I will have to wait. I dont have that much faith in 110K stock axels, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by 92 coupe
    I dont have that much faith in 110K stock axels, if you know what I mean.
    I think i had 100/ 13 second passes, 50+high 11sec passes, and 10 low 11sec passes on mine, but i don't reccomend it. :teeth:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

blown5oh
    Quote Originally Posted by 92 coupe
    The tune/ chip helped the drivabilty and manners so much. I actually enjoy driving it now. I should have done it a long time ago. Runs and drives smooth as silk. I was planning on taking it to the track when it reopens in Feb., but now with these numbers I believe I am deep into axel snapping territory. So until I get some decent axels on it(and locker), I will have to wait. I dont have that much faith in 110K stock axels, if you know what I mean.
    I've got a dyno tuned SCT chip too, and I can totally agree that the car runs smoother than it has in quite some time. In fact the driveability is better than it was 200+ rwhp ago. :teeth: It's all in the tune!