Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
considering novi1000 kit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: considering novi1000 kit

Junior SCH Member

considering novi1000 kit

a guy i know is selling his never been installed novi1000 kit. im really considering buying it, but i dont have the $ for much more than the kit and a nice fuel pump.... so i was wondering

which pump should i be looking at?
    can i make this work w/o blowing up my car?

thanks
    Ken

I ran my Novi 1000 with 24# injectors, 155lph in-tank and the supplied FMU. Never had it dyno tuned or a custom chip and it ran pretty well (11.7 @ nearly 119), I feel I left alot on the table so to speak but considering the lack of a custom tune I was pretty pleased.

The Novi 1000 is the best entry-level or budget s/c system out there IMHO.

BTW- where in TX you located?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    tomball area, but i go to college in clemson, sc so im really in sc most of the time, except for summers and longer breaks :)

my question is can i make it work with stock everything or what is ABSOLUTLEY nessecary to upgrade

i know its a smart idea to do bigger injectors, pump, etc and thats not what im asking ;)

Well I think a must have for the 1K kit would be:
    Bypass valve - $20
    468LC's discharge tube - $50 I think??
    255 High Pressure Fuel pump - $99 (Jack @ MM)
    F150 Crank pulley (if you want 8-10lbs) $20 at the most.
    Total: $189.

The 1K is the best bang for the buck around, and then for another $189 you can have a 10lb blower that will be fun for the street or strip.

How much does your friend want for the 1K?

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    hey texas89lx,

just curious how much is he giving it to you for??? im indecisive as to which one to get, the novi 1k or the sc-trim vortech. who are you gonna have put it on for you also???

joe
    Joe

Broke a Lakewood shock, if anyone has one for sale pm me please.

89 LX Coupe - cobra intake, 65mm throttle body, cobra 1.7 roller rockers, 1 5/8" mac long tubes, off road mac h pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, king cobra clutch, 3.55s, mac pullies, lakewood 50/50 shocks, ponies with yokohamas and nitto DR in the back, K&N, saleen pedals, white face gauges, & white face a/c gauges. doing interior swap from tan to black so that pushes the blower back for awhile anyway. mint black front and rear coupe seats ($100).

Waiting to go on: freshly rebuilt T5 Z, pro 5.0 shifter, 92 black dash, 92 black center console, black door panels.

Sitting waiting for the blower: vortech BTM, bosch bypass valve (110)

my buddy bought my 89 GT...306, ported GT-40 heads, Motorsport (FRPP) 1.72 roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer intake, FRPP Pulleys, B-303 cam, 75mm bullet MAF, 24lb injectors, 65mm throttle body, 1 5/8" equal length shorties, off road hpipe, 3.73s, flowmasters, Koni Reds, Hotchkis caster/camber plates, K&N and subframe connectors.

Junior SCH Member
    hey ian,

can you email me the chat from last night?? good job bro, i was just sitting back and learning.

can you also email me what you think jack can do on both the 1k and sc.

thanks again,
    Joe

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by novipower
    Well I think a must have for the 1K kit would be:
    Bypass valve - $20
    468LC's discharge tube - $50 I think??
    255 High Pressure Fuel pump - $99 (Jack @ MM)
    F150 Crank pulley (if you want 8-10lbs) $20 at the most.
    Total: $189.
    he is asking less than half the price of a new kit

i understand the fuel pump being nessecary, but could someone explain why the bypass valve and discharge tube would be an absolute nessecity to make this work acceptably?

and who would i get the bypass valve from? contact info?

thanks for the help people:D

Junior SCH Member
    he is selling a new/never installed 1k for less than half of a new one???

hmmm...........ok

so who are you gonna have install it???
    Joe

89 LX Coupe - cobra intake, 65mm throttle body, cobra 1.7 roller rockers, 1 5/8" mac long tubes, off road mac h pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, king cobra clutch, 3.55s, mac pullies, lakewood 50/50 shocks, ponies with yokohamas and nitto DR in the back, K&N, saleen pedals, white face gauges, & white face a/c gauges. doing interior swap from tan to black so that pushes the blower back for awhile anyway. mint black front and rear coupe seats ($100).

Waiting to go on: freshly rebuilt T5 Z, pro 5.0 shifter, 92 black dash, 92 black center console, black door panels.

my buddy bought my 89 GT...306, ported GT-40 heads, Motorsport (FRPP) 1.72 roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer intake, FRPP Pulleys, B-303 cam, 75mm bullet MAF, 24lb injectors, 65mm throttle body, 1 5/8" equal length shorties, off road hpipe, 3.73s, flowmasters, Koni Reds, Hotchkis caster/camber plates, K&N and subframe connectors.

Check your PM houstonstangguy

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    well if you dont take it, get him in touch with me, ill take it if he is for real.

Junior SCH Member
    im rather confident i can take care of it
    <--- mechanically inclined, and id better be seeing as im studying to be a mechanical engineer (one of the guys that designs this kind of stuff ;) )

im not one of those checkbook racers

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by houstonstangguy
    well if you dont take it, get him in touch with me, ill take it if he is for real.
    ill pass him along to you guys if for any reason this falls through

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Texas89LX
    im rather confident i can take care of it
    <--- mechanically inclined, and id better be seeing as im studying to be a mechanical engineer (one of the guys that designs this kind of stuff ;) )

im not one of those checkbook racers
    lol, yeah my soon to be wife is working on her eng. degree as well, she wants something to fall back on after she gets tired of being a lawyer.

well like i said if you cant get it for some reason send him my way.:D i am on a budget like you too.

oh and Ian,

thanks, i have a pm coming your way soon too.

Joe
    Joe

Junior SCH Member
    oooopps the guy is selling a SN92 kit.... i couldnt find any info on it and its specs matched those of the novi1000 so i assumed they were the same thing

what are the diffrences?? is it worth buying?

Wow this happens to alot of members around here...

They are not the same, do a quick search on here, another user has just gone through the same thing.

You want the 1K, and not the SN line.

Ian