Thread: water pump replacement

Junior SCH Member

water pump replacement

anyone out there ever replaced a water pump on a car with a vortech blower? Just wondering how much of a PITA it is. Mine is leaking pretty good and I will need to replace it soon.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mustangcobra93
    anyone out there ever replaced a water pump on a car with a vortech blower? Just wondering how much of a PITA it is. Mine is leaking pretty good and I will need to replace it soon.
    I had to do the same thing last season. Yeah, its apain, but if you did the supercharger install yourself, it should come easier to you. If you didnt, you may want to look at the Vortech instructions to see whick bolts you need to get to make it happen. My car is in storage and not in my garage right now or I could explain it to you better. I run into some pretty crappy jobs working out of my garage, and most of the time its just a matter of rolling up your sleeves and getting down to it. Just take your time and do it once the right way.

Junior SCH Member
    yeah, i put the blower on myself with a couple friends. how much of the blower parts have to come off to access the water pump

Thumbs up

yeah, i put the blower on myself with a couple friends. how much of the blower parts have to come off to access the water pump
    I would undo the pipes and belt and set the blower aside. (after you put something over the fender) I think you can loosen the whole bracket and swing it out of the way without actually taking it all the way out. Cant help much more , sorry! Good luck, youll get it! Jim

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for your help

Thumbs up

thanks for your help
    Any time! By the way check out the March issue of 5.0 Mustang and SuperFords. My car has a full feature and Im so psyched! It should be in my mailbox any day now! Its the Reef blue one, you cant miss it! Jim

Senior SCH Member
    I have swapped water pumps with my Novi 2k completely bolted up pipes and all.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Senior SCH Member
    I have swapped my water pump and did not have to remove any of the blower parts.

Quote Originally Posted by itlkick
    I have swapped my water pump and did not have to remove any of the blower parts.
    You may be right guys. I havent been near my car in months! I would look if I could.. Im sorry, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by 93gt
    Any time! By the way check out the March issue of 5.0 Mustang and SuperFords. My car has a full feature and Im so psyched! It should be in my mailbox any day now! Its the Reef blue one, you cant miss it! Jim
    Boy am I off to a great start on here! I just got the March issue and its not in there. It is going to be in there, so keep your eyes open for it!

Junior SCH Member
    I was able to replace my waterpump with my Vortech bolted on but I had a hard time getting one of the waterpump bolts off that was trapped behind the blower bracket. I was able to get out but when I installed the new pump I could not replace that last bolt but it does not leak without it.