Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Serial Number on your Novi2k Head Unit - Page 8

View Poll Results: What serial number series does your Novi2k fit under

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Made during Granatelli family ownership - 05xxx

37 39.78%
  • Made during Adams family ownership - 06xxx

28 30.11%
  • Made during Vortech Engineering ownership - 07xxx

22 23.66%
  • Made currently under Vortech Engineering - 08xxx

6 6.45%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Serial Number on your Novi2k Head Unit

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by converted View Post
    06717 it has 2 oil spray nozzles
    Wow, why is that ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    I don't know? probably increased lubrication. Its the only one i've seen with 2 oil nozzles. Sprays on the pulley and impeller shaft. Maybe someone on this forum can tell us why.

Junior SCH Member
    The design of the Novi-2000 had provisions for oiling in both locations - it was not required that both be oiled

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
    The design of the Novi-2000 had provisions for oiling in both locations - it was not required that both be oiled
    Thanks for the response, so its safe to cap the nozzle that sprays on the pulley shaft gear... I'm spinning my 2000 at 55-56K. How old is my blower? I put new seals in it and was informed that the impeller shaft was larger then the new units.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by converted View Post
    Thanks for the response, so its safe to cap the nozzle that sprays on the pulley shaft gear... I'm spinning my 2000 at 55-56K. How old is my blower? I put new seals in it and was informed that the impeller shaft was larger then the new units.
    I am not sure - you have a blower that was built after I sold the company - I would hate to give the wrong advice. But imho you don't need that front oil nozzle - BUT AGAIN - you should call Paxton or Vortech and ask:huge:

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
    I am not sure - you have a blower that was built after I sold the company - I would hate to give the wrong advice. But imho you don't need that front oil nozzle - BUT AGAIN - you should call Paxton or Vortech and ask:huge:
    I understand and thanks again for the response.:happy:

Junior SCH Member

Found another old one

Just bought an older charger gonna try it out SN was N 05033. Straight scroll housing with cog tooth pullies on it. Time to design some brackets and try it out. Not too sure I am very fond of the ballancing done on the back of the impeller blades, was this normal back then and does it cause issues with durability vs speed?

Junior SCH Member
    0506 here for me