Thread: Track Times....

Senior SCH Member

Track Times....

Well for the first time in probably 3 weeks I am loving my car instead of hating it. I made it to the track today and although my times arent super there is much potential. The best of the day was 12.0 @116 mph with a sorry 1.9 60ft. My best with the car to date is an 11.7 @ 114mph on a 100 shot of nitrous.

Now for the couple of things that have me pumped to go back:

-Those times were done on my heavy 17" wheels w/ DR's (instead of my Draglites and ET Streets that I should get this week)

-The other kicker is what I had originally thought was my bypass releasing boost early was actually a slipping blower belt. Unfortunately this wasnt suggested to me as a culprit until the track was closing so I didnt get a chance to make a pass with the belt tightened up. But when I got home I tightened it up and went for a spin and sure enough the noise was gone AND I had 10 psi instead of the 5 psi I was seeing at 5500 rpm at the top end of the track. Now she pulls like I had hoped she would! :)

So I hope to see mid 11's from my baby with the Weld Wheels and ET Streets (which I hope give me 1.7 60fts or better) and the correct boost now. I cant wait to hit the track back up next weekend or the weekend after. I will post up again when I make it down. Thanks again for all helpful hints etc guys, Ryan
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

Sweet!! Just an FYI, I always took a can of belt dressing with me to the track as well, a shot before I would make a run just for insurance.

I would say some mid 11 slips are feasible.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I used to put a dab of VHT on my belt. It put the belt dressing to shame.