Thread: To use or not to use - FMU?

Junior SCH Member

To use or not to use - FMU?

I am just about ready to get the new combo on the street. I have 42 lb injectors, do I need my FMU? Also, I have a 255 in the tank, should I run an external? Any thoughts much appreciated. My combo is in my SIG. Thanks!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You will not need the FMU with 42lb injectors running under 10psi and then with a Dyno tune you will see if more fuel is needed when you exceed that power level.

I removed mine. I have 42's and a 255 in tank. When I got it tuned I was told I had plenty of fuel.

Junior SCH Member
    Great, Thanks!

I'm fixin to get some 42#rs and go for more boost , what would be a good MAF to get? or can my stock MAF be recalibrated?
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Fellas. I just got a ProM for $229 shipped from a local shop. I was going to get mine re-calibrated but had a C&L which couldn't be re-calibrated. My ProM seems real smooth so far. I've put a few miles on her with the new 42's and it seems pefect, for once! I'll enjoy these moments because they are few and far between.