YES IM A NEWBIE!
I have obtained a used but in great shape novi 1200 and I want to make it work on my truck!
My truck is a 93 ford F150 supercab 302,5speed with 7" of lift and 35" tires, What I want is to have a bit more power on the highway and alot more offroad go! On the hwy at 100km/62mph the engine is turning about 2000 rpm I measured my crank pulley and it is about 6.5" in diameter and the pulley on the 1200 is 3.33 (p/n 2a036-333) the pulley on the blower is a 6 rib and my serpentine belt matches it nicely can I get rid of my dead air conditioning compressor and its bracket and get a bracket made to hold the blower and the power steering pump or does the novi have to have its own crank pulley and serpentine belt?
Other than that I need to know what to do after the blower is installed to keep the boost from exceeding 7 or 8 lbs max... do I use a blow off valve and have it vent the excess? I need some help here too!
How much boost should I expect from this setup? Is there a way to figure this out?
How about fuel pressure and going lean any problems to look for here?
I also have access to an ATI procharger its a P-1SC and it has a 4.25" pulley but its an 8 rib would this be a better choice? I could also get an 8 rib crank pully thats 7" too.