Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
watch for used systems from paxton!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: watch for used systems from paxton!!!

Junior SCH Member

watch for used systems from paxton!!!

hello i just bought a NEW novi 2000 from muscle motors they had it drop shipped to my house when i open the box all was there but the head unit had all kinds of cleaning marks on it you could see where it was actually bolted on something plus the inlet on the propeller had holds in like some one was trying to drill the blades i call muscle motors and they gave me the # for paxton ive sent the head unit back to them(((at my cost))) im waiting to see what they do for me so every one watch out about this !!!!!! i was told about paxton doing this but i didnt beleave it untill now !!!!!!!! i will post what happens to keep you infomed of this!!! to top it off i had to spend $50.oo to ship it back to paxton!!! this is the second novi 2000 ive had the first system ive had was perfect bought it from summit racing is this the kind of deals we get when we pay less ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????check out one of the pics of the super where the drill marks are (((paxton on the phone told me this was normal))))
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey, man I just got my kit last week, and it had the same marks on the impeller! I thought that the material might have been removed to alow for balancing. Should I be consernd? Also, my brackets looked like they had been bolted together at some point. Should I be worried. I've already had so much trouble with paxton, that if i have to send it back, the whole kits going back, and I'm buying a F-1.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member

novi 2000

well id be concerned my first system had no marks or drill marks on the impeller or anyof the brackets and i build mustangs for people on the side and ive never seen this shi* before!!!! where did you buy yours from??? chad

Hello chad,

Kinda the same deal. I bought it from d&d in cali, but it was drop shipped to me from paxton. I've never even held one before mine, so I don't know any better. I've had a hell of a time with paxton so far, so this little tid-bit of info scares the **** out of me.

Brandon

also, the drill marks on my impeller are far more sever than yours. I figured one good thing about the brackets looking like they had been bolted up was the fact that atleast they probably fit. My blower also had oil in it!

Brandon

Junior SCH Member

novi blues !!!!

well brandon your not alone im just fed up trying to get my car together and it is nothing but a up hill fight !!! ill keep you informed on what i findout !!!! chad

Junior SCH Member

car im installing it in

my car
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes, please do keep me informed. I'm going out of town tonight, and wont be back in until sunday, So no blower install for me as of yet. Maybe I'll get started on monday. I'll probably install the blower anyway. If i goes south, I'll just warranty it and raise some hell. Also, there was no cover on the pully bolt for my blower. Chad if you have sometime, read my other posts about my troubles with paxton. Don't let paxton sleep on your blower for long either.

Brandon

oh, buy the way, sweet *** ride.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    thanks

SCH Member
    dam, this tread is all bad news...hopefully things work out...

Well you guys starting me to thinking, I went to the photo post and looked at that picture. I couldnt see anything. I went out to my car and looked in the blower(I already had the inlet tube off). Yep, I've got them also????The good news is, my blower is almost 2 years old and it doesnt have any problems. I would probably not worry too much about it.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Damn, Your paint job is worth more than my whole car!!!!:( .
    Very nice car.:D
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

91BLOWNGT. Try to get some pics showing some more details of the blower case and such. I'm no expert because I haven't gotten my Novi yet (still waiting to hear it's shipped from MuscleMotors) Here's my guess as to what we might be dealing with here:

The drill marks on the impeller were probably done as a way of balancing the impeller. This type of procedure is similiar to balancing the crank of a motor where thety actually remove material through drilling. Due to the tight tolerances of the housing of a blower in relation to the impeller, there wouldn't be room to attach weights to balance the impeller, so removing material would be the only safe way to do it. The impellers are cast in a Novi so it would be unrealistic to expect it to come out of the mold in perfect balance and believe me, that impeller has to be balanced due to the rpm it will be spinning at. If the impeller is out of balance it will vibrate and the faster it spins the worse it will get. In short it will eat up the bearings and gear section of the blower. The pic you have up appears to show drill marks on only one side of the impeller and not the other, so it leads me to believe that this was done to balance it. The drilling location depicted is not one that will affect the integrity of the impeller either. That would also lead me to believe this was done for balancing.

I don't know what the marks on your case look like, but I would assume that Paxton bolts the blower up to a test jig before they sign off on it as being OK to pack up in a kit. This would also explain any oil found in the unit as well as it would have to have lubrication when they run it on a test jig to make sure it's OK. I would hope Paxton would "test drive" the blower so to speak before shipping it to make sure it's within spec. I remember clearly that my brother's Vortech had some oil in it as well when we took it out of the box to install it years ago. Mind you if the oil in yours is dirty and not clean, then I would be suspicious.

Hopefully my theories turn out to be fact and I hope they put your mind at ease a little and the others who read this thread as well. You should know soon enough and I hope it all works out fine for you. I'd really hate to think Paxton boxed up somebody's returned blower into a kit by accident and shipped it out. Wouldn't look very good thats for sure. Let us know what transpires. Good luck
    :)

SCH Member
    balancing marks i have them also and i bet if everyone looks we all have them don't worry.
    93 cobra#256 witha noisy alternator