Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: watch for used systems from paxton!!!

Welcome to the site...

As mentioned above Paxton tests all the blowers before shipping. The oil is installed for not only the test, but also to resist rust and moisture. The blowers could sit on the shelf for weeks.

The marks are just balancing marks, every blower will have them, not to worry :)

I know you may have been a little nervous, but I hope we helped you put your fears to rest.

Ian

Junior SCH Member

pics to follow

sounds good in thery but this is mysecond system (novi 2000) at it is in no shape near my first system if this is the quilty that they are putting out i just want my money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and as for balanceing i understand that they use to balance them on the inside!!! not out so everyone can see them ! i was told that buy a good friend that paton was doing things like this just didnt want to beleive him well iquess i should have listend!!! there is a bunch wrong with this ! the tolerance between the blades and the caseing is open up alot!!! it spins like a altnator keeps on spinning and the noise that come from the bearings is unbelieveable makes were someone had a tube hooked on the back(suction) tighten hose clamp! sanding marks on the front

Junior SCH Member

pic

pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well you've convinced me with that pic. That thing doesn't look right in my eyes. It definitely looks used. Time to get on the phone and crack skulls Man this doesn't help my confidence for ordering my Novi and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about what it's going to look like whenever it does arrive (2 weeks and counting, no word on when it will ship ) I haven't had a Novi in my hands, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't freewheel like an alternator. There should be resistance when you try to spin it by hand. And all that dirt and grime on the case Something's not right.

I hope for your sake and Paxton's that this was a gastly mistake on their part, and they better bend over backwards to rectify it! However, if my Novi shows any indication of being used, I regretfully won't be part of this forum anymore because they won't get a second chance with me after what I've seen here. In other words, I'll fight tooth and nail to get my money refunded and will be looking into buying a Vortech instead.

SCH Member
    i'm wondering if his problem is with muscle motors not paxton?
    93 cobra#256 witha noisy alternator

93 red snake: I am sorry that you are having blower issues, but the problem is not with Jack. MM simply drop ships the blower, Jack NEVER sees them before he ships. Also if Jack has them in stock, he does not open them, he trusts that Paxton would have checked the quality.

Call them up and get a new head unit, you can also try giving them the serial number to see if it was used??

Ian

According to 91gt's thread on the corral, he states that the mounting bracket appears used as well, so we're talking more than just a head unit here. All in all this makes Paxton look like a mickey mouse operation even if it is an accident as there's no reason why this kit should of been cleared to ship if it indeed turns out to be a returned kit. I mean think how bad this looks: In the span of a week we've had two members complain about their recently aquired Novi kits (Untchbl last week) This forum doesn't exactly have a huge membership so it kinda makes it look even worse. Stuff like this should only happen once in a blue moon, if it all. I'm all for being diplomatic, but if my kit has problems of this nature after two of my fellow members go through this kind of a run around, I won't accept excuses. Paxton will be dead in my eyes as far as I'm concerned. Paxton better shape up, because it's no secret that they aren't setting any sales records when compared to what Vortech sells a month and they suffer already from a tarnished reputation earned from the pre-Novi superchargers which were prone to breakage. Delivering a quality product with good customer service is what it's all about if you want to survive in the business world. Don't get me wrong as I think the Novi is a superb product which is why I chose it over the competition in the first place, but my confidence in Paxton has taken some hits the past two weeks.

SCH Member
    i have no problems with mine. my kit was perfect and i've had a year and a half of trouble free fun:D as far as quality issues go look thru the corral and stangnet and look at all the post about my d1sc leaks oil or i can't keep a belt on it. or my vortech make a strang noise when i start my car. or i want to up my boost and now i have to move up to a ys trim. you rarely if ever see a post about the quaity of a paxton supercharger. thats what made me want a novi 2000. i have read post after post for 2 yeras and have not seen this brought up b4.

Junior SCH Member
    hawk paxton and vortech are the same company so listen up ill keep all of you informed on whats happening chad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm well aware of the fact that Paxton and Vortech have a joint relationship. However, they are not the same company otherwise the Paxton name would be dead and all current Paxton product would be coming out of the Vortech facilities. They share the same ownership group, but are run idependently of each other with different engineers and staff. Saying they are the same is like saying Jaguar is a Ford. Ford may own it, but it's still Jaguar.

My Novi 2000 doesn't have any holes in the impeller.

SCH Member
    not holes. places on the impeller where small peices of metal have been removed to balance it. hawk05 what are you talking about look at the various mustang mags paxton sells alot of kits for mod motors. in fact look a mmff march 2002 mod motor 4valve shootout all but one of the s/c cars is a paxton. show the number of units sold to verify your statement. although number of units sold vortech may be ahead of paxton with a inexpensive entry unit like the atrim blower being a large chunk of the number. since the release of the novi 1000 i bet numbers are closing. alot more blower for the money!!!!!!!

Please tell me you're not gonna be our first member on this board that starts pissing contests because he doesn't agree with something he reads in another members thread. Is the Paxton Novi a better blower than Vortech? IMO yes. Is the Novi 1000 kit a better bang for the buck compared to an A-Trim. For sure.

But talk to any supercharger dealer that sells both and which brand he sells more of and the answer will be Vortech. Out of all the Supercharged cars in my neck of the woods, almost all have Vortechs. I know of only one Novi car that I've seen. Just because an article in MM&FF shows more cars with Novi's than anything isn't an indicator that they are the flavour of the month. Paxton didn't get bought out by Vortechs's ownership because Paxton outsells them. Maybe this whole used blower fiasco is a big conspiracy to put the Paxton name in a grave

Seriously though. Is it important who sells what? It's about as important as to whether my big brother can beat up your big brother. Let's stick to what this forum was created for: Supporting other Novi enthusiasts. Last I checked this isn't a support forum for shareholders of Paxton, so let's stick to the topic at hand which is a fellow member getting a used Novi when it was supposed to be new.

Could you imagine the impact of something like this making it into the popular Mustang Mags seeing as most of Paxton's business is derived from that group of car owners? Think of all the potential buyers this thread has turned off already. It's a fact that Paxton has a tarnished rep from the pre Novi blowers because they were prone to break and I know, because I've seen enough of those ball drive pieces of **** sieze at the track. Vortech is the reason Paxton came out with the Novi in the first place otherwise they'd be perfectly content building 50 year old technology ball drive blowers still to this day. In the early day of the 5.0 Mustang, Paxton's were everywhere only because it was the only blower available until a couple of engineers came up with a better idea with their gear drive blower. The company those engineers worked for wanted nothing to do with it so they went off and formed their own company. In case you haven't guessed yet those engineers worked for Paxton and went on to form Vortech. If those honchos that were running Paxton at the time took their heads out of their asses long enough to smell the roses, I think it's safe to say the blower market would look a little different today.

Am I a proud soon to be owner of a Novi 2000. You bet! But if it's the be all and end all of centrifugal superchargers, it's only because they had no choice but to change their ways of thinking when they were pushed by the market leader in that category which still is Vortech. If Paxton hadn't changed, you and I wouldn't even be talking about this because they'd be out of business as it's no secret Paxton was in bad financial shape not so many years ago.

P.S. I still think you've got a sweet car:) Still friends? Hope so

SCH Member
    i'm not angry in the least. but this is a debate and some times in a debate you have to show facts in writing. but as i thought in your rant its all your opinion with no numbers to back your claim. back your claim and make me a beliver. until then each of us will agree to disagree. thank you for the compliment and yes this is imo a friendly debate.

Well I'm glad i didn't make an enemy out of you:D

If I could find some numbers I'd provide them but I wouldn't no where to look for it anyway. Besides it's not important and until something happens to change my mind I'm a Paxton Novi supporter as I feel it is the best designed blower available. The bracket set up alone is reason enough to choose it over Vortech, in particular the brackets with the Novi 2000 kit for Mustangs.

Any word on what Jack at Muscle Motors is doing to contribute to getting this issue resolved? Paxton may have shipped it direct to 91GT, but he is the vendor and has a responsability for customer satisfaction here so I would assume and expect he is involved seeing as this makes him look bad as well ( not that I blame him for what happened, but people will judge a vendor by the product he sells ) Thankfully my Novi is going to Jack first before shipping so I'm going to contact him about inspecting it before he ships it out to me. I firmly believe this is a one off incident, but I'd rather be on the safe side you know. This would be a total pain if this happened with me being in Canada and having to ship it back if something is wrong because of all the tax and duties BS.

I hope this all works out for 91GT and I'm sure it will. Still sucks though:(