Thread: Speedy, how flexible are the old intercepter II's?

Speedy, how flexible are the old intercepter II's?

Cause I'm getting ready to go to 55 or 60lb injectors and I'm just trying to get the right thing the first time. You can still tune part throttle and idle right? You can't do any MAF transfers like using a 42 meter with 60lb injectors i assume. Can you defeat functions like the EGR code and ect...???
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Your better off going with the Tweecer or a New PMS(2005). The old Interceptor II will not take anything over 42lb injectors and like the PMS you can't shut down the EGR codes or MAF transfer unless if you buy the PMS(2005).

Aaron, I think i'm just going to have a switch chip burnt. One side for my current combo with a decent timing curve, fuel curve and all the crap I don't need deleted, and the other just to get rid of the limiter and all the emmisions functions, ect, just incase I change my setup cause I'm in love with high compression 400+ windsors.

Thanks for helping to not throw my cash away. You told me when I first joined just to save up and buy the Novi 2000 right off the bat and I wish I would've listened.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    Are we really talking about the PMS 2004?
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

maybe....any insight?

Senior SCH Member
    Well, I have a 2004 PMS and I was wondering if something recent has come out. Also, I am wondering how the PMS will shut off the EGR errors as I think mine still has them, but the PMS takes over in stand alone mode. Just trying to learn some more.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Me too.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Talking about the new hand unit. I call it the 2005 because the other unit was still being sold at the same time the new hand unit came out in 2004. StangTuning is the best place to post about the PMS, myself I am switching to the AEM unit for my new combination in a new car for the NOPI series.