Thread: oil pan question

Junior SCH Member

oil pan question

i have a 96 mustang gt with a vortech SQ installed. I just want to know if someone has a oil pan that has the oil drian connector welded in. Do they make one like Morroso or something like that. All day long mine drips. I have tyred everything, sealer, duct tape, zip ties. i would weld it my self but with my luck the car would catch on fire. Any advice.

Junior SCH Member

Oil drain fitting

DSS has their own oil pan (7 qt. capacity) with a threaded insert welded in. All you do is screw your fitting into the threads and you're done. I'm not sure if they have one for 4.6 cars or not, but they do service the 5.0 market. Also, they have a new product - they call it the DSS Universal Bolt-On Power-Adder Oil-Return Fitting. Looks to be what you are after. Go to www.dssracing.com
    Last edited by ehackett; 03-27-2005 at 12:44 AM.

I have the DSS Pan, It looks like a great piece, and the welded in bung is great. I have yet to install it because I am still building my engine. DSS also sells a part that you can add to your pan that gives it the same type of set up.... Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

Junior SCH Member
    i like the DDS pan but if i buy the 30.00 thing that goes on i would have to drop the pan right. If i have to do that i would rather just take my pan to some shop and have them weld something in like that. It might be cheeper then doing something along the lines of buying a new pan.

It looks like it takes place of the low oil level sensor, so i doubt u would drop anything.