Thread: Intercooler for 93 w/Novi 2000?

Junior SCH Member

Intercooler for 93 w/Novi 2000?

Any body make a air to air kit for a 93 w/ Novi setup? I know that there is the aftercooler but was really wanting a air to air....If not I guess that the snow boostcooler is a option...opinions?

Junior SCH Member
    if they make an intercooler for a damn honda they make one for a mustang :teeth: that boostcooler stuff works, but you can make your own methanol,water injection. you dont have to buy it.

thanks brandon

Junior SCH Member
    OK since no one gets on this thing, WHERES EVERYONE AT????? ok for a 93 mustang (intercooler) ..... sparco, Greddy,HKS but i think all these are for turbocharged applications. you might want to do a search, im having no luck with this.

thanks brandon

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The problem with a Intercooler of course is room for the piping on a Pass. Side Supercharger. You can get a Intercooler with the tubes on the same side and at a 2.5" size but then your squeezing the volumn down and still need to get the piping around the back for both. Liquid Cooling/Water Injection is much better because of less weight and you can get more power using a spray of water than you can using a Intercooler when a Supercharger drops 2-3psi because of the Intercooler.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    The problem with a Intercooler of course is room for the piping on a Pass. Side Supercharger. You can get a Intercooler with the tubes on the same side and at a 2.5" size but then your squeezing the volumn down and still need to get the piping around the back for both. Liquid Cooling/Water Injection is much better because of less weight and you can get more power using a spray of water than you can using a Intercooler when a Supercharger drops 2-3psi because of the Intercooler.
    So your suggestion is to go with a Snow Bosst cooler or similar set-up
    Are these reliable? Does the water your injecting into the engine cause cylinder wash down, or promote oxidation in any way to the motor or the s/c head unit itself? Thanks for replying

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    It ends up being a steam mist. The Snow with the new MAF computer is really a nice unit and at only $399 that is about $1000 cheaper than a Intercooler and Piping and weighs about 35lbs less.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    It ends up being a steam mist. The Snow with the new MAF computer is really a nice unit and at only $399 that is about $1000 cheaper than a Intercooler and Piping and weighs about 35lbs less.
    I guess that does it then I will be going with a Boost cooler....I have been looking at them for a while now but I guess I got "enchanted" by the idea of having a air to air set up.....something exotic about it on the fox cars with pass. side mounted s/c....probalbly just because you never see them. I had planned on running a s/c and buying a cryo bar for a nitrous kit I have and spraying down the intercooler with that....I know....way to expensive and a lot of work for basically window dresssing when compared to the snow kit dollar to dollar. This Boost cooler will allow me to get above that 14psi pump gas barrier on the street right? Maybe run something like 16lbs or maybe 18lbs...see, this gets out of hand real quick. When I got my car in 94 it was just gonna be 2.5 exhaust and a set of underdrives and a K&N. What a joke. Sorry to ramble....thanks for the advice. By the way, anyone know why this site seems so deserted lately? Just wondering.

Junior SCH Member
    that boostcooler works here the website www.snowperformance.com you can get it there.