Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC with no ac and smog

Junior SCH Member

SC with no ac and smog

Anyone running a blower without ac and smog, with no dummie pullies, if so what is your setup and pics please.

Thanks

Good question. I have my gutted smog pump and dead a/c compressor on and don't like it...but it works
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

SCH Member
    Lots of ProCharger guys are doing it using the "Renegade" bracket.

Senior SCH Member
    Using a standard rotation water pump helps out quite a bit. I just use a tensioner on the alternator to apply belt tension. I don't run AC, smog, PS.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    RS novi can you post some pics of your setup. I called procharger and they said the real street kit would work with no ac and smog, it's a none intercooled kit but should be okay. Keep em coming

Senior SCH Member
    Check out this site. http://www.stangcrazy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6216

It has a picture of what my car used to look like back when I ran the Procharger.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    That link didn't work RS, I'm just trying to get a good idea of how the belt is routed and accessory location, before I drop the dough on a blower. I absolutely refuse to run dummie pullies, which the vortech kit requires, I would prefer to run the vortech, but procharger is fine with me. Thanks for the assistance.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trickflow302
    That link didn't work RS, I'm just trying to get a good idea of how the belt is routed and accessory location, before I drop the dough on a blower. I absolutely refuse to run dummie pullies, which the vortech kit requires, I would prefer to run the vortech, but procharger is fine with me. Thanks for the assistance.
    I don't run any dummy pulleys with my Paxton. It is also not necessary with the Vortech stuff. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but I dumped that Procharger and have never been happier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    can you elaborate on how i get the vortech kit to work, that procharger setup above is exactly what i was looking for, why did you switch to paxton? Thanks again

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    I don't run any dummy pulleys with my Paxton. It is also not necessary with the Vortech stuff. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but I dumped that Procharger and have never been happier.
    Here is my latest setup. What you see are the only accessories that I have. I just run a short accessory belt which makes one big loop around the crank, WP, and alt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

Senior SCH Member
    I had a lot of problems with the Procharger. It only lasted 15 passes before blowing oil. That Paxton is a very reliable blower and their support has been awesome.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    you running power steering in the procharger pic, procharger said it gets moved to the pass side

Senior SCH Member
    I wasn't running PS with the Procharger, but I did see the bracket before.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    with the vortech kit that i've seen, the alt gets moved all the way down to the bottom below the blower and i've seen no way to run the belt from the alt to the power steering pump without hitting the water pump, unless you know the secret, is there an aftermarket bracket, I would definetly prefer to run the vortech.

Senior SCH Member
    What if you used that FMS power steering relocation bracket? That moves your power steering pump to where the AC used to be. I wonder how that would work with a stand rotation water pump.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381