Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
PMS questions

Thread: PMS questions

PMS questions

I have a few PMS questions:

Can you use the PMS to run a MAF with a different cal. than the installed injectors. Like 24# cal. MAF with 48# injectors.

Is the UGEO 1000 the only wideband that is compatible with the PMS. (how much is it)

Will the PMS display the wb a/f ratio in real time (numerically on the display).

Is there any place to purchase the PMS other than AFM.

Thanks
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You can only Calibrate a different MAF Injector if you have the new unit. 2004-2005 model
    Ugeo 1000 is the only one as of yet that works together with the PMS. I would not let that hold you back from getting a better unit than the UGEO 1000.
    Some other retail the PMS if you do a search but the price is the same no matter what and I would purchase used anyway and save $300+.

I have a few PMS questions:

Can you use the PMS to run a MAF with a different cal. than the installed injectors. Like 24# cal. MAF with 48# injectors.

You can with the new one using the "global fuel" feature, but it can't adjust for that much of a change. That feature is more designed to fine tune. Rick Anderson of AFM tested it and I read somewhere they don't recommend trying anymore than a 15-20% adjustment.

Is the UGEO 1000 the only wideband that is compatible with the PMS. (how much is it)

As far as I know yes. Personally I like the Innovate LM-1 much better simply because for the price of the Uego ($450) I can buy the LM-1 with an RPM convertor and I can datalog 40+ minutes of A/F, rpm and other parameters that I can then download and view on my computer for the same price. The Uego lets you monitor A/F and that's it (but it does have a nice digitaldisplay but you can make one for the LM-1 for less than $20). You can datalog with the PMS but you have to buy the InterACQ software to do so ($270)

Will the PMS display the wb a/f ratio in real time (numerically on the display).

No

Is there any place to purchase the PMS other than AFM.

yes, ask on Stangtuning.com for dealers.

Thanks for the help.
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.