Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SC with no ac and smog - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC with no ac and smog

Senior SCH Member
    Here are some crude drawing of what I had in mind. The pulley alignments might be off some.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    I got the ac eliminator kit on there now, the only think i don't see working with your sketches is no tensioner pulley. Please keep the ideas coming.

Junior SCH Member
    on the vortech kit you use the stock tensioner and it is located to the left and up of the wp

Senior SCH Member
    I don't use a tensioner pulley. I use a turnbuckle from March on the alternator to apply belt tension.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    Here are some bad pics of my setup. I think!

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/atta...ntid=970&stc=1
    http://www.superchargerhelp.com/atta...ntid=971&stc=1
    http://www.superchargerhelp.com/atta...ntid=973&stc=1

How do I post a pic so it is already open?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 383STROKER; 01-26-2005 at 10:30 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    I appreciate the help guys, it looks like I'm going to need to run the smog pulley with the vortech, but atleast I don't have to run the ac pulley, I can just leave my ps pump where its at and hopfully it will work. Vortech said there was now way to run the kit without the ac and smog, then when I went to look for a dummie ac pulley, no one made one that I could find. So I went looking through the old mustang rags and found a photo of someone running the s-trim with the ac delete kit installed also, so I'm felling a little more confident that it will fit with the smog pulley though. Going to order the s-trim next week. Thanks again for the help

Quote Originally Posted by trickflow302
    I appreciate the help guys, it looks like I'm going to need to run the smog pulley with the vortech, but atleast I don't have to run the ac pulley, I can just leave my ps pump where its at and hopfully it will work. Vortech said there was now way to run the kit without the ac and smog, then when I went to look for a dummie ac pulley, no one made one that I could find. So I went looking through the old mustang rags and found a photo of someone running the s-trim with the ac delete kit installed also, so I'm felling a little more confident that it will fit with the smog pulley though. Going to order the s-trim next week. Thanks again for the help
    I couldn't get mine to work w/o the a/c being there. UPR and ASP make a/c delete pulleys if you end up needing one. I have a pulley from a Ford smog pump delete, I'm going to make the mounting bracket for it and use it as an a/c delete pulley.
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

Senior SCH Member
    It can be done, just have some patience and use some creativity. They told me the same thing when I bought my Paxton, but I was able to run it without all those pulleys.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I found a photo in an old 5.0 mag, it was a standard s trim setup with no ac, the guy was running the ac delete and from what i can tell a dummie smog pulley, la rocca's put together the motor, so i supose i could call them and see if i'm right. with ac and power steering on a stock motor the ac compressor sits toward the pass side and a little higher then a car running just the ps pump. as long as the smog pulley is high enough I shoudn't have any problems running it to the tensioner and ps pump, just need a shorter belt. Unless I'm wrong...lol.

Junior SCH Member
    regattacoupe, it won't let me view your linked photo, it says i have to be a registered user, which I am, go figure.

Junior SCH Member
    thx for the lead on the ac pulley, pny pwr, in case I end up needing it, which i hope not.

you're welcome and I can't view the galleries either
    1990 LX 5.0 5spd
    2 belt Novi 1000 stock pullied, stock motor, 19# injectors, 12:1 FMU, 155lph fuel pump, Autolite 23's @.037, A9P pcm, Kirban AFPR, electric fan, PPI 180* t-stat, 3 row radiator, 2.5" off road h-pipe, 40 series Flows dumped, 3.73 gears, weld in SFC's, FRPP alum. driveshaft w/ Jeg's loop
    http://aircapitalmustangs.com

Im running a Vortech and this year Im running nothing but the alternator and s/c. Ive been looking for a tensioner for the alt. and Im sure someone makes one but Ive had no luck finding one from all the well known pulley manufacturers. I will have to engineer something myself if I cant find one. Last year I ditched my a/c and put the eliminator pulley in place of the smog pump, and the tensioner would push the belt into itself, I tried a slightly shorter belt and it still wanted to destroy itself! I ended up taking the tensioner off completely and pulled the alt. with a wrench and put spacers on the lower bracket. It was a pain in the ***, and it may sound hokey, but it was all I could do with it! Thats why I got the bright idea that I wasnt going to deal with anymore accesories this year!

Junior SCH Member
    I run an S-trim without AC and smog. I bought a chrome Alternator "J" channel from Advance Auto and bolted one end to the blower plate and the other to the alt. I had to grind out the slot in the "J" end a little so my bolt would fit through. Also I don't run AC and made and idler pulley for the serp belt to run over and back down to the PS pump, and deleted the stock tensioner. Now I adjust the belt by sliding the alt in the "J" channel. When I did that I got a belt that was snug when I had the alt up as far as it would go, and got the belt to slide over the water pump pulley.(93 cobra) Then pulled the alt down to put tension on it.... And to get the belt over to the PS pump without hitting the WO pump and made an idler pulley. I used the vortech tensioner bracket by flipping it around and spacing out an idler pulley with a couple washers to getit in lne with the rest. Been running this way for about 1.5 years without any problems.

Here are a few pics of my set-up..

Mike

84 - T-top Notch Project

*** My hot rod site**