Thread: Did Vortech send me the wrong blower?

Junior SCH Member

Did Vortech send me the wrong blower?

Just picked up my new SQ-trim kit today. I took everything out of the box to make sure I had all the pieces. Obviously it came with the 8 rib crank pulley and belt, but for some reason I got a head unit with a 6 rib pulley on it! I have to wait til Mon. to call Vortech. In the meantime I want to make sure I have an S-trim with the wrong pulley and not an A trim. Does anyone have pics of the two different impellers? Thanks

Junior SCH Member
    my s trim has a 6 rib set up.

I think the 6 rib set up is standard.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverDill
    my s trim has a 6 rib set up.

I think the 6 rib set up is standard.

Only the blower pulley is 6 rib, the belt and crank pulley are 8 rib. I was pretty sure that all the s trim kit were 8 rib. The packing sheet says that mine is supposed to come with a 3.33 8 rib pulley. I guess I'll find out for sure on Mon, hopefully I just need a new pulley

On the head unit there is a plate with a serial and model number. What does it say?

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    On the head unit there is a plate with a serial and model number. What does it say?

Ian
    It just has the serial #, the carb e.o. #, and V-2

Junior SCH Member
    I called Vortech Monday and the guy I spoke to said it was the wrong pulley. I came home from work the very next day and the new pulley was at my doorstep. Hows that for fast service