Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need to pick the right blower

Junior SCH Member

need to pick the right blower

i have SQ-trim and i'm looking to change head units thinking of going to a T-trim or going to a YSI-trim but i need to know what blower will work the best for the street and strip.. but i going to use it on my stock bottom end till i get my new motor in. i dont want to spent the money twice thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Xstang82
    i have SQ-trim and i'm looking to change head units thinking of going to a T-trim or going to a YSI-trim but i need to know what blower will work the best for the street and strip.. but i going to use it on my stock bottom end till i get my new motor in. i dont want to spent the money twice thank you
    GOALS?? Now and future. Tranny, size motor, miles on street, etc....
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    really don't have any goals just want to go fast. i'm put a 331 in the car i a month or 2. but the motor is stock botom end with heads cam intake fuel system gears exhaust and stuff like that. but i'm going to reuse evertything but the stock bottom when the 331 is done.. useing a T-5 right now but going itha G-force soon.. drive it everyday on street but snowy days and rainy days let me know what else you need to know

Just get the YSi and be done with it. But you will need a good fuel system to support the YSi.

Junior SCH Member
    i have that already. can't afford the kit just going witha T-trim and then buy the ysi head unit later thanks

I think you'll be fine with a T-trim. Unless 140mph trap speeds aren't enough and you need to go 155. LOL
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    don't really care what speed i go long as its fast and i'm having fun doing it

T
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Then, get a YSi, run a good fuel system put an AOD in it and put 16-20 psi to the motor. Don't need a kit the YSi head unit will fit in the braket you have. Cost damn near the same for both head units. If you don't want to spend the money twice, get the YSi. But will be over kill if you don't want to go in the 9's or 10's.

Or keep the t-five and run the t with stock pullies and 12 psi and blow up the t-5 and go slow.

Don't use a ysi with a t-5! :freaks: Or even a t for that matter. Get an auto if you want to go fast.

You have to have some type of plan. What is you definition of fast? 12's or 9's. What is your current fuel setup?

It is hard to help with no info.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

For most a T-trim is all you'll ever need. Eeasily put you in the low 10's. Good low end torque and streetability.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Get an auto if you want to go fast.
    Jeez, all these guys think you need an auto to go fast!
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    Jeez, all these guys think you need an auto to go fast!
    All I can say is BEEN THERE --DONE THAT! You must admit it is kind of hard to go fast with a t-5.

I know you are the exception! LOL Plus street driving doesn't apply to your vocab. :teeth:

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Senior SCH Member
    I just like giving you guys a hard time.

I do know that I wouldn't have had to change bent valves last year and would probably have better 60' times with an auto, but it is just too much fun rowing gears.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Plus street driving doesn't apply to your vocab. :teeth:
    Although the latest trans I have in my car is pretty streetable with the face plate engagement.
    Chris
    NMCA SR6381

I thought the same thing till last year. Let's just hope I will enjoy the auto this year. I was just having way to many problems with it and the YSI last year.

Good Luck to you this year! 9.6x's will be nice to see for ya

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'