Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Dyno Numbers ~~~ HELP PLS !

SCH Member
    The V-1 S-trim has a 6.87" crank pulley. I am sure the V2 has a simular size too. The 8" is a upgraded Renegade pulley.

The hole combo is too much too list. haha Here are some of the highlights.....

331, AFR185's, ported truck lower intake with a "Civil Wars" box upper, 55# injectors, 80mm Pro-M, 1 5/8" shorty headers, 2 1/2" full exhaust, TKO, and a 9" rear end with 3.70 gears. The cam is a Lunati (int/ext) 232/242 @50 and .544/.560 with 114 seperation.

A upgrade to a Holley Systemax II intake and Dart block are the plans for this winter. I would be happy to see 550rwhp on pump gas all said and done.
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

SCH Member
    Nice combo.. Sounds mean... What do you run in the 1/4 ?

Senior SCH Member
    I made 18 with an SQ 6.87/3.33. Of course that was a 7700 rpm.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86merc
    The V-1 S-trim has a 6.87" crank pulley. I am sure the V2 has a simular size too. The 8" is a upgraded Renegade pulley.

The hole combo is too much too list. haha Here are some of the highlights.....

331, AFR185's, ported truck lower intake with a "Civil Wars" box upper, 55# injectors, 80mm Pro-M, 1 5/8" shorty headers, 2 1/2" full exhaust, TKO, and a 9" rear end with 3.70 gears. The cam is a Lunati (int/ext) 232/242 @50 and .544/.560 with 114 seperation.

A upgrade to a Holley Systemax II intake and Dart block are the plans for this winter. I would be happy to see 550rwhp on pump gas all said and done.
    hi mike....

what was the injector duty cycle on your car, i forgot?? and what did i set the base fp at??

thanks
    Last edited by flyin_hawaiin; 01-31-2005 at 08:16 PM.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin_hawaiin
    hi mike....

what was the injector duty cycle on your car, i forgot?? and what did i set the base fp at??

thanks
    Hey Bob,

The base fuel pressure was at 50psi. We raised it early on in the runs from 40psi when the duty cycle got high. I would have to take a look at the data logger for the last pass to be sure. I do know the duty cycle was over 95% at 6000rpm and 14# of boost.

331stroker- With the FMS extender and a piss poor suspension the car went 11.86 @ 124.49 with a 1.96 60' on a nitto drag radial. I have not run the car since the upgrade to the PMS. New suspension is going on the car right now. I am hoping for 10's on pump gas in full street trim.
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

SCH Member
    Sounds good ! Im thinking about pulling out the chip the guy gave me and going to a new dyno tuner.. I mean, my first gear and second gear has NO power at all.. It feels like my stock 302, the guy tuned it soo when Im at WOT the car gets 42lbs of FP at the most, and that was at WOT in Fourth gear.. Every other gear he set it up so that its running 35 lbs .. You guys thnk thats the cuase of the huge lack of power in the lower RPM's ?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 331stroker
    Sounds good ! Im thinking about pulling out the chip the guy gave me and going to a new dyno tuner.. I mean, my first gear and second gear has NO power at all.. It feels like my stock 302, the guy tuned it soo when Im at WOT the car gets 42lbs of FP at the most, and that was at WOT in Fourth gear.. Every other gear he set it up so that its running 35 lbs .. You guys thnk thats the cuase of the huge lack of power in the lower RPM's ?
    where ya located?

SCH Member
    San Francisco

SCH Member
    Hey 86Merc, what spark plugs do you got in ur ride ?

SCH Member
    UUUUMMMMMMMMMM.....hahahaha Its been so long sience I touched the car I don't remeamber. Damn winter!

I know I have used Champion RC9YC and Autolite 3923. I think the autolites are in the car. I plan to change them to AR3923 (cut back plug) in the spring.

SCH Member
    see where I live, right now its pretty warm.. So Im thinking about changin out my plugs and putting on that 8" crank pulley..

So you think I should run my FP at 50lbs at Idle ? How about WOT, how much FP should I peak at ? How about ur timing ? Let me know how ur's was set up, so next time I go if he tries to pull a slick move ill jus do the adjustments myself..

Appreciate it Merc ~!!

SCH Member
    I would talk to the guy that burned the chip for you first. You lost 52hp after he burned the chip right? Why? I would find out what he did to loose power. Or see if he will retune and burn the chip. I just hope he didn't hurt the motor.

You caould find another dealer to retune the car and make the nessassary changes. It will cost you more money but it might be worth it. Something is wrong as the car sits.

To save money you could pull the chip out and run strait timming at 17-18 degrees. The 50psi base pressure would be a good place to start with. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a wide band on the car to see what A/F ratio you would have. I would bet it will be lean with out a chip or a tuning devise. You might have to keep raising the fuel pressure untill the A/F ratio is OK.

The fuel pressure should raise 1:1 with a standard regulator. If the fuel pressure does not climb when your in boost you will have problems.

Shoot for about 17-18 degrees of timming at max boost and a A/F ratio of 11.5-12:1 to start with.

I hope the original tuner makes good and fixes the tune in the chip or at least find out whats wrong. Good luck man.

SCH Member
    So i just got off the phone with my tuner, he said that he thinks the car didnt hit my old mark at 5k rpm cuz of the slippage issue.. From 3700 rpm you can see the line start to create divets until he stopped the pull.. That means slippage im assuming since before that its practically a straight line.. But the torque line starts the divits @ like 2500 rpm.. Why is that ? But im hoping that the cause of the 50+ was from the belt slippage. I told him about how the car feels slower at the lower rpm's and he thinks he richen it up too much an to lean it out, does that sound right ?

Im going to install the 8" on Sat morning then head over there in the afternoon and hopefully come back with a better story/numbers...

Please give me some ideas or things to check or do before, thanks for everything guys !

Merc ~~ Thank you !

SCH Member
    Well thats cool he is willing to look into it. I wouldn't think he would have let the car leave in that state. Hopefully he will get you all strait again.

Bring tools to adjust the fuel pressure and the tension on the belt. Using a torque wrench tighten the belt to 175# or more using the stock Vortech adjuster. For dyno time you should be OK. (Renegade guys run way more tension on their belts). The belt will stretch too, so make sure to check it in between runs. Then loosen it up to 125# when your done tuning. You do not want all that pressure on the belt all the time.

Good luck man!

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86merc
    I would talk to the guy that burned the chip for you first. You lost 52hp after he burned the chip right? Why? I would find out what he did to loose power. Or see if he will retune and burn the chip. I just hope he didn't hurt the motor.

You caould find another dealer to retune the car and make the nessassary changes. It will cost you more money but it might be worth it. Something is wrong as the car sits.

To save money you could pull the chip out and run strait timming at 17-18 degrees. The 50psi base pressure would be a good place to start with. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a wide band on the car to see what A/F ratio you would have. I would bet it will be lean with out a chip or a tuning devise. You might have to keep raising the fuel pressure untill the A/F ratio is OK.

The fuel pressure should raise 1:1 with a standard regulator. If the fuel pressure does not climb when your in boost you will have problems.

Shoot for about 17-18 degrees of timming at max boost and a A/F ratio of 11.5-12:1 to start with.

I hope the original tuner makes good and fixes the tune in the chip or at least find out whats wrong. Good luck man.
    I do have an A/F ratio gauge but its from Autometer an all it does is jump around when I push in the gas.. At Idle thogh it holds steady, is that what your talking about ?