Thread: Wheel and Tire combo's for the Street.

Wheel and Tire combo's for the Street.

As warm weather gets here again, I'm planning to drive my car much more often then last summer.

the question comes to mine however of what my rolling stock for the street should be.

Currently the car sets on 5 lug weld pro star big and skinnies. I've used lincoln rotors and rangers axels to convert. 15x3.5 up front and 15x8 out back, with 275/60/15's. The car rubs in turns and under accleration if there is more then one person in the thing. Yes I can and will continue to clerance the rear fenders until this is not a problem, butttttttttt.

I don't know how comfortable I am with driving the skinnies and bigs on the street all the time. so here's the delimma.

Only a select few of the newer 5 lug wheels will fit the spindles of the lincoln/fox rotors. so this narrows my selection way down. And I'm also not wanting to spend a ton on a set of 17" wheels for street duty. Or should I stop being a pussy and buy a pair of 15x10" pro stars/ put slicks on em and use what I have for street driving. Or do I convert to the newer mustang brakes up front so I can have more wheel options. Then, if coilovers do find there way onto the front of the car, I have to worry about clearance issues there as well.

Help a guy out fellas.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

SCH Member
    Sell me your Welds and convert back to 4 lug.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Auto, my friend has a set of 5 lug welds for sale if your interested.

Brandon, what about polished 03-04 premo wheels on the GT's? 17x8's
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

For this year, Im thinking about selling my 4 lug ROH wheels (17-8.5) and get some street legal tires for my 15-4s on the front. Theres a size for Volkswagons that is legal and looks cool. Im currently running a pair of 16-8 Draglite XTs on the back with 26-10.5 m/t street ETs. What I want to do is keep the rears this way for street use, and buy a pair of 15-9 welds and put the biggest possible M/T slick on them that I can fit without having to beat my wheel lips or cut or grind anything. The car used to look perfect with the ROHs,(as it is in my avator) because it was lowered a bit, but with the drag springs and other drag oriented parts in the car now, it looks damn cool when its ready to go racing on the welds and I want this look for the street too! Just swapping the rears would be easier anyway. I have the Motorsport 4 lug disk brake conversion on the car, and wondered if the regular Weld Draglites will fit over the brakes. I still have the quadshocks, but Im going to pitch them as soon as my cars out of storage.

full auto, if I sale the welds, it's only to replace em with bogarts.

hmmm, didn't think about roh's. some snypers might look pretty nice.
    90 strawberry coupe

My ROHs are the ZSs and theyre 4 lug. They look sweet, but they look even better with the 5 lug holes!