Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Those with sn93's, how hard is it to turn pulley by hand?

Thread: Those with sn93's, how hard is it to turn pulley by hand?

Junior SCH Member

Question Those with sn93's, how hard is it to turn pulley by hand?

I just recently purchased an sn93 and i'm having second thoughts about the condition of it. I almost didn't buy it cause it is really hard to turn the pulley, so i figured something was fried. The person i bought it from assured me that it works absolutely perfect, and that's exactly how it was when he bought it. I'm not worried about being screwed cause i know where he lives and he's not a dirtbag, i'm just wondering if it is suppose to be that tuff to turn. Please let me know. Thanks alot.

The are very hard to turn...don't worry about it. If you couldn't turn at all, then you should be worried.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    40-45 inlbs when turning the front bolt with a torque wrench is about normal
    Last edited by speedytang; 02-06-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    boy is that a relief, thanks alot guys.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

How hard to turn pulley ?

"40-45 ftlbs when turning the front bolt with a torque wrench is about normal", is what most of you say, but when I finished the VR4 upgrade with 1 extra shim to start, I used a clicking ratchet to turn the pulley it says "15 lbf/ft" and the metric size we use " 20 n/m" (Newton/Meter) just wandering
    It must be right I am sure becouse it is very hard to turn the pulley by hand for a whimp like me:guess: but my strong friend could turn it whith his hands
    It is a very litle bit tighter then it was before the VR4 upgrade.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

It was a miss type above, it is 40-45 inlbs without the rear seal to drag it down.

I am not good in the non metric stuff but is 15 lbf/ft corect I am seeing ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.

Probably with the rear seal installed. I had my units really tight for my Dual setup but it was not for long use on the street to get 15-18psi out of each of those VR4s. My daily driver with fluid installed and on the car takes about what your showing maybe even more. I posted a while back when this came up probably around the same time as this article and I went outside and posted what mine was showing with the belt off but full of fluid. It has been a while back so I can't remember. I will search also.

Ok
    Greets, Marco