Thread: another horsepower guess thread?

Junior SCH Member

another horsepower guess thread?

Yes, it is another what will it put to the ground question...with that being said here is the combo. Hope to have it dynoed by the end of Feb. the dyno and tune will be done by Anderson Ford in Clinton, ILL.
    327 c.i.d
    Sportsman block
    Eagle crank and h-beams
    J&E 9:1 pistons
    x-303 cam
    AFR 185's
    1.6 rockers
    Holley systemax upper and lower
    1 inch spacer between upper and lower( to clear sheet metal valve covers)
    Holley 70mm throttle body and spacer
    Holley 50 lbs injectors
    Aeromotive comp kit w/sumped tank
    FRRP Ceramic short tube headers
    2.5 cat h-pipe
    flowmaster force II cat back
    Flaming river rack
    no A/C
    D&D K-Memeber, A-Arms, Coilovers
    Baer Brakes Track-Kit
    Tremec TKO 500
    3.55 gears
    Pro-M 83
    Andreson power pipe
    PMS w/ 03-04 upgrade
    Novi 2000

I think that sums it up...The Novi currently has the standard pulley on it...I was thinking about changing that to try and get 14-16Lbs of boost...but have been told I should wait and see what the car puts out before I do.
    I am also very much so considering a Snow Boost cooler w/ the maf controller(I will probalbly be buying this sometime this week). What do you guys think? Any pointers would be great. I will be happy w/ anything over 550 rwhp but would love to see something in the 600 rwhp range....is this doable w/o killing the vehichles street manners? The rest of the cars suspension besides the front end and baer brakes includes a maximum motorsports HD torque arm and panhard bar and a kenny brown roll cage as well as tockico illumina 5-ways front and rear. The rear control arms are the ford motorsport ones they used to sell w/ the sperichal bushings...the rear upper ones of course are now non-exsistent due to the Maximum Motorsport pieces. Wheels cosist of 93 cobras with the back two being widened to 17x9 from the stock 17x7.5...tirse are 245x45x17 up front and 275's out back in BFG G-Forces ( not drag radials). This car has been a 3 year project and has not been driven since 01. It just kept getting more things added to it. Please let me know what you think as I have a bit of anxiety as to weather it will run as well as the amount of resources have been invested in it. I am just looking for a really cool street car not wanting to set the racing world on fire or anything. Sorry to ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by badasp93
    Yes, it is another what will it put to the ground question...with that being said here is the combo. Hope to have it dynoed by the end of Feb. the dyno and tune will be done by Anderson Ford in Clinton, ILL.
    327 c.i.d
    Sportsman block
    Eagle crank and h-beams
    J&E 9:1 pistons
    x-303 cam
    AFR 185's
    1.6 rockers
    Holley systemax upper and lower
    1 inch spacer between upper and lower( to clear sheet metal valve covers)
    Holley 70mm throttle body and spacer
    Holley 50 lbs injectors
    Aeromotive comp kit w/sumped tank
    FRRP Ceramic short tube headers
    2.5 cat h-pipe
    flowmaster force II cat back
    Flaming river rack
    no A/C
    D&D K-Memeber, A-Arms, Coilovers
    Baer Brakes Track-Kit
    Tremec TKO 500
    3.55 gears
    Pro-M 83
    Andreson power pipe
    PMS w/ 03-04 upgrade
    Novi 2000

I think that sums it up...The Novi currently has the standard pulley on it...I was thinking about changing that to try and get 14-16Lbs of boost...but have been told I should wait and see what the car puts out before I do.
    I am also very much so considering a Snow Boost cooler w/ the maf controller(I will probalbly be buying this sometime this week). What do you guys think? Any pointers would be great. I will be happy w/ anything over 550 rwhp but would love to see something in the 600 rwhp range....is this doable w/o killing the vehichles street manners? The rest of the cars suspension besides the front end and baer brakes includes a maximum motorsports HD torque arm and panhard bar and a kenny brown roll cage as well as tockico illumina 5-ways front and rear. The rear control arms are the ford motorsport ones they used to sell w/ the sperichal bushings...the rear upper ones of course are now non-exsistent due to the Maximum Motorsport pieces. Wheels cosist of 93 cobras with the back two being widened to 17x9 from the stock 17x7.5...tirse are 245x45x17 up front and 275's out back in BFG G-Forces ( not drag radials). This car has been a 3 year project and has not been driven since 01. It just kept getting more things added to it. Please let me know what you think as I have a bit of anxiety as to weather it will run as well as the amount of resources have been invested in it. I am just looking for a really cool street car not wanting to set the racing world on fire or anything. Sorry to ramble.
    Well if you want my opinion i'd run it with the stock pullies. If you're not trying to squeeze every last drop of HP out of it in a racing enviroment, just run the stock pulleys. It'll haze the tires @ 60 mph. I think your goals are realistic but for 600 rwhp you better be ready to try 18-20 psi and/or a very aggressive tune.

What ever boost you're running shouldn't affect street manners once Ron anderson tunes it I'm sure.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

With the stock pulleys........545rwhp. If you upped the boost, I think you would be out of injector.

Junior SCH Member
    i agree with these guys on the HP and TQ numbers well over the 550HP i think, id get the boostcooler, www.snowperformance.com they make it. it works ive seen it and read on it, they say it works.

brandon

Junior SCH Member
    Okay, the consensus is that it should be in the 550 rwhp range w/ the stock pulleys, in addition I should go ahead and purchase the Snow kit, if I up the boost may be able to see the 600 rwhp mark but the 50lbs injectors will be taxed. I have a few questions. 1. 18-20 lbs of boost? That sounds scary! What size injector would you reccomend? A 60lbs or should I just get the low impedence driver and go for big ones?
    2. Won't the snow kit help out a bit w/ horsepower? And how much?
    3. this thing is gonna be useless on the street isn't it?
    4. How do I post pics as I have several pof the car,motor suspension etc as it has been going in over the past several years.
    5. Do any of you attend the WFC at Gateway International?

Junior SCH Member
    your aftermarket block should hold it. yes the boostcooler helps the hp and it helps to cool the intake down. you should be fine, ill post back later.

brandon

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjsstang03
    your aftermarket block should hold it. yes the boostcooler helps the hp and it helps to cool the intake down. you should be fine, ill post back later.

brandon
    anyway i think 60s should work there big. and your car isnt going to be useless, i dont think :teeth: you should have a 327 monster :teeth: good luck with the 327 and i hope you get the HP/TQ you want out of the sportsman block. :teeth:

brandon

You are gonna run out of injector using the 50's. Throw a set of 72's in the car, and get the PMS injector driver since AFM will be tuning the car.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    You are gonna run out of injector using the 50's. Throw a set of 72's in the car, and get the PMS injector driver since AFM will be tuning the car.
    Even with the standard pulley on the novi you believe I will run out of injector? What is your HP guess?

50# injectors should be good for around 500-520 rwhp if the tune is good and you are using good gas (higher than pump gas)

Junior SCH Member
    hmm i would have thought 45s were good choice. what kind of fuel pump do you have a 225 or the stock one? its always better to have a good fuel system, and run rich than to run lean, and blow a head gasket.

brandon

Junior SCH Member
    The fuel pump is aeromotive 1000 the gas tank is the aeromotive sumped one with -10 lines from tank to pump and -8 from pump to the aeromotive rails the return is -6. The fuel system is the aeromotive comp kit which is good to around 800 horsepower on a forced aspiration car and around 1000 or so on a N/A car....I think I should be good in that area....It is the kit that retails for a little over 1500.00. I made 377 at the back wheels w/ a DSS 306, box stock Gt-40 aluminums a cobra intake, e-303 and 30 lbs injectors w/ no FMU, a Paxton Novi GSS( which is the same as a SN2000 ball drive piece of junk) w/ a impeller upgrade from Paxton on it's second rebuild which was supposed to give it around 8lbs of boost.....the most my guage ever showed was a tad under 6lbs, and no tuning device at all. I guess I should just get a low impedence driver and put in some 72's or something? I was first told that 42's would be enough....then 50's ...it is really getting confusing. If I put 72's on it can I just say frick it and go for about 18-20lbs of boost...would they support that? And what type of horsepower would it put out at that level? Thanks for any advice

Junior SCH Member
    I made 520rwhp with 48's and they had more, so I think you shouldnt have a problem making 550 rwhp with the 50's

Jeremy
    Mexican Based 331 all forged and H-Beamed
    Custom Grind Supercharger Cam
    AFR 205's
    Holley SystemMax Stage 3 Ported Intake
    Paxton Novi 2000