Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dyno chart - What's this mean?

Thread: Dyno chart - What's this mean?

SCH Member

Dyno chart - What's this mean?

Here's my dyno chart. What do this mean to you guys? Where it levels out is where I thought they let off, but maybe not. I didn't hit a brick wall or anything. The horizontal lines are 50 rwhp and 50 rwtq increments. It just seems to be growing drastically fast. This isn't like the normal graphs I see. This is with my messed up a/f that I've been talking about in other threads though.

BTW, this was with no meth.

Edit: WTF! Is this working? How do I post the pic? Can someone post it for me?
    Last edited by Doug; 02-01-2005 at 09:06 AM.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

The photopost thing hasn't been working right.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

It looks like one of two things. Either the blower is maxed out at that pint or the belt is slipping pretty good at that point. I doubt it is maxed out with the 2000 though. The pull was started at 5,000 RPM's??(if I'm reading it right?) What are the torque & HP numbers where it levels off? Are your injectors maxed??
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member
    Where it stopped going up is actually where I think they let off. They backed out of it early because it blew a header gasket. It was basically open head on #3 & #4. The a/f reader went crazy and they lifted. The first pull made power until they let off at 6200. It was climbing the entire time. I have a stock tach and told them not to take it above 6500. They were watching on the dyno computer ~6 feet away so it wasn't perfect. It gained rpm so fast, the entire pull lasted about 1 full second. It was quick.

I was more wondering about the part of the curve where it climbed so rapidly. It gained 200rwhp in 600rpm. That's not the way they usually do is it?

The chart was started high because that's the only way they could make a pull. My valvebody is 1-2-3/4 instead of the stock 1/2-3-4. There is no overdrive button to disengage. They had to take it to redline in 2nd at 75% throttle then shift to 3rd, hit the sample button and go full throttle all at the same time. So the pull started high. They didn't want to do a pull in overdrive and they tried one in 2nd. It blew the tires off at 3000rpm.

Anyway, I'm not worried about the fall off just the up slope.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

That is weird if they let off at ~5800 RPM's why the HP would still contine to 6300 rpm rather than fall off dramatically.. So the run only lasted 1,000 rpm's

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Senior SCH Member
    Possibly something to do with the converter?
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    Yes, the pulls were short. The first pull was 5100-6200. Then this pull.

I thought it may be the converter at first, but it's only a 3k stall. It foot brakes to ~2800. Could it be since it was just going full throttle at 5100 that it took a few 100rpm to build boost? It made ~14psi the first pull at 6200. This pull it made ~13psi.

Or do you think that two flat ends could be what's left of what the curve should have been and not where they let off?

428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq