Thread: What's the difference between the s trim and sc....

Junior SCH Member

What's the difference between the s trim and sc....

The sc trim is advertised as 5-6 psi blower and we all know what the s trim is capable of. What is the difference in the two head units? Is the S trim built with better parts. I know a guy that wants to buy a used sc and maybe put a 10lb pulley on it and I was curious if this is a good idea with that blower. The sc doesn't come with a by-pass valve, what boost level would require this.

I think it has alot to do with the curve of the blades on the impeller and how aggressive it grabs the air. Im sure its this and not just spinning it faster, or there would be alot less choices in the Vortech line up. If running 9lbs is what you want, I myself would start with an S trim. If you add on later and want a couple more lbs, then pulley away!

SCH Member
    the s/c kit you have is the replacement for the old a-trim kit only the head unit is much better ,the s-trim blower has a impeller dia of 3.2 entering the volute,and a s/c trim has a 3.0 dia impeller entering the volute,they are the same impeller inside over all with the same pitch ,vortech just cuts the impeller to fit in the smaller volute housing,as for only getting 5-6 psi over the s-trim kit well vortech just pulleys them different so no by pass is required at lower boost levels.

Junior SCH Member
    Both s and sc-trim have the same 3.1 inch inlet opening (inducer diameter) take a look here.
    http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...s/scmatrix.pdf

SCH Member

Talking re

Quote Originally Posted by simon5.0L
    Both s and sc-trim have the same 3.1 inch inlet opening (inducer diameter) take a look here.
    http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...s/scmatrix.pdf
    i know what vortech post on there wed sight but its wrong I've talked to the engineers over there and they say thats a mis print v-1 sc is 3.0 inch and v-1s is 3.2 if you have either one measure it and see,and if theres is no differance then why do pepole send there sc back to be upgraded to s trim spec?it would a waste fo money yes,call them and you'll see .