Thread: vr4 upgrade done

SCH Member

vr4 upgrade done

i had craig at paradise do my upgrade, and just got it back. I saw that u guys were talking about stock and billit impellers that came on the vr4, i put some pics in my info, can some one tell me if i have a good impeller or the stock one, and the limitations of each one. thanks

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    That is a cast impeller and really no limitation since you will be under 50k rpm. Billit impellers have been gone for 10+ years.

SCH Member
    what do you mean under 50k rpm, is that the vr4 max limit? i have a 4.25" blower pully and i think 6.5" crank pully, but i'm putting a stoker (408) in my mustang and i wanted to push at least 8-10 psi out of it, what blower pully do you recomend and where can i get it? (its an 8 rib pully)
    Also Looking for a blow off valve, and a power pipe for a 94-95 model, Any suggestions, thanks speedy

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The RPM limit of the VR4 for street use is 42k rpm and racing with cooler and short distance(Drag Racing) you can spin to 45k rpm. Your pulley size is a start but you will probably need a 3.75" supercharger pulley to feed a stroker that large. Not sure who makes a 4" Power Pipe for 94-95.

SCH Member
    thank for the info ill keep ya posted on the progress, and dyno numbers, looking for at least 550-600 rwhp