Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any stroked windsor with YSi combos out there?

Thread: Any stroked windsor with YSi combos out there?

Junior SCH Member

Any stroked windsor with YSi combos out there?

I am getting ready to put together a 408 (Dart block) with YSi combo. I was wondering if anyone here has a combo like this to share times, what you are using to tune it with, ect. My goal is to run some 5.70 1/8 mile times and I think this combo should get me there with relative ease. The only real problem I am having right now is deciding what to tune the motor with. I like the new BigStuff3 system, but do not like the idea of pretty much yanking the stock wiring harness out of the car since it (the BS3) will have to be "wired in". The car will be a pretty wild street car. Has anyone here have good results with the newer PMS when applied to something other than a basic H/C/I car? I do not know if I would be better off with a stand alone EFI system or not. Anyway all input is welcome. Thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70BOSS302
    I am getting ready to put together a 408 (Dart block) with YSi combo. I was wondering if anyone here has a combo like this to share times, what you are using to tune it with, ect. My goal is to run some 5.70 1/8 mile times and I think this combo should get me there with relative ease. The only real problem I am having right now is deciding what to tune the motor with. I like the new BigStuff3 system, but do not like the idea of pretty much yanking the stock wiring harness out of the car since it (the BS3) will have to be "wired in". The car will be a pretty wild street car. Has anyone here have good results with the newer PMS when applied to something other than a basic H/C/I car? I do not know if I would be better off with a stand alone EFI system or not. Anyway all input is welcome. Thanks.
    If you want a good plug in EMS, no way to go but AEM. I run one on my mexi 347/YS-trim/Hi-port setup and it makes great power with incredible driveability

Junior SCH Member
    Get with Bob Kurgan, he tunes the AEM . Or he can tune the PMS if you want, he can tune almost anything.
    10.13 out of a S trim
    680 hp out of a YS trim

Junior SCH Member
    I run 408/ys with Accel DFI gen 7.....sick.

Junior SCH Member
    mainestreetking, can you provide a little detail on your combo. Also, what kind of power and times have you got out of this? Thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    i have canfield heads....ported,solid roller cam,jesel shaft mount rockers,83 pound injectors,trick flow intake,408 CID,super comp C-4,tuned for C-16. i have only had street tires 275-40-17 on this car........haven't had money for slicks yet.....but it makes 725 rwhp....i'm guessing good for mid 9's in the 1/4. 3.27's in the rear...ys trim with 77/30 cog belt pushing around 18 psi.....turning engine around 7200rpm
    1993 LX Hatchback
    408, Canfield Heads, Trick Flow Intake, Ys trim, Gen 7, PA-Super Leaker C-4,3.27 diff, 83lbs inj,kooks 2" into 3.5 collectors, Dr. gas 3" X pipe,Bassani 3" cat back,Second Street Speed Twin in-tank Bosch,Solid roller cam,Jesel Shaft mount rockers,VP C-16,Mallory HyFire667c

10 # 10 rib TKO=625 rwhp
    17 # COG C-4=650 rwhp
    NEW SETUP(porting and valvetrain mods)
    18 # COG C-4=725 rwhp
    ...about my horsepower curve...well there isn't any curve....kinda straight up...then straight across...hahaha
    1 gallon VP C-16 $8.50
    1 supercharger COG belt $110
    Smoking the tires from a 100mph roll $PRICELESS

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mainestreetking
    i have canfield heads....ported,solid roller cam,jesel shaft mount rockers,83 pound injectors,trick flow intake,408 CID,super comp C-4,tuned for C-16. i have only had street tires 275-40-17 on this car........haven't had money for slicks yet.....but it makes 725 rwhp....i'm guessing good for mid 9's in the 1/4. 3.27's in the rear...ys trim with 77/30 cog belt pushing around 18 psi.....turning engine around 7200rpm
    Hey how did you modify the bracket to fit and do you have any hood fitment problems with the blower. i am debating doing this but need to find some info.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxlaw_wfo
    Hey how did you modify the bracket to fit and do you have any hood fitment problems with the blower. i am debating doing this but need to find some info.
    i shipped it to these guys www.alternativeauto.com
    1993 LX Hatchback
    408, Canfield Heads, Trick Flow Intake, Ys trim, Gen 7, PA-Super Leaker C-4,3.27 diff, 83lbs inj,kooks 2" into 3.5 collectors, Dr. gas 3" X pipe,Bassani 3" cat back,Second Street Speed Twin in-tank Bosch,Solid roller cam,Jesel Shaft mount rockers,VP C-16,Mallory HyFire667c

10 # 10 rib TKO=625 rwhp
    17 # COG C-4=650 rwhp
    18 # COG C-4=725 rwhp
    ...about my horsepower curve...well there isn't any curve....kinda straight up...then straight across...hahaha
    1 gallon VP C-16 $8.50

Junior SCH Member
    oh and the vortech discharge tube interfered with my STEEDA 3" cowl hood.It hits where the 3" "step" is over by the throttle body. I cut a hole in it, looked cool, body guy ended up making a little mini scoop over it when i got the car painted
    1993 LX Hatchback

10 # 10 rib TKO=625 rwhp
    17 # COG C-4=650 rwhp
    18 # COG C-4=725 rwhp
    1 gallon VP C-16 $8.50

Junior SCH Member
    Why not do a blow through carb???? Thats what I am running right now on a solid roller 418 with a YS, tfs-r's, 9.0:1 with 12lbs of boost. It is making 12lbs with an 8in. crank and a 3.33 blower pulley at 6200, then flatlining due to belt slippage. I just dyno'd it last week, here's a picture of the dyno readout. 704rwhp and 571rwtq. I have a set of cogs I am going to throw on it soon and see what it does around 15-17lbs :D. This was through a tko, with 93 octane pump gas, no intercooler, and 18deg of total timing locked out with no advance/retard. The car has great street manners, and holds the a/f ratio where ever I jet it to. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to share. I had CSU carbs build my carb, and I have had great service with them.

I know I'm waking this thread out of a coma, but Droptop1320, can you tell us more about your blow thru combo? Like what intake manifold, what size headers and exhaust system, and what are the cam specs?

Thanks!
    1988 Mustang LX Vortech Supercharged
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ
    Yippie-kiyah Muthafuka! - Bruce Willis, Die Hard

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer LX
    I know I'm waking this thread out of a coma, but Droptop1320, can you tell us more about your blow thru combo? Like what intake manifold, what size headers and exhaust system, and what are the cam specs?

Thanks!
    No problem. Here's a rundown on the combo:

Dart block 418ci, 9.0:1
    tfs-r heads- 311cfm/238cfm @.700in lift
    ported victor jr. intake
    CSU Carbs Holley 750dp for blow through
    custom solid roller blower cam from bullet racing cams: 249/254@ .050, .662 lift, 114 lobe seperation
    Hooker 2in primary longtubes, custom made 3in h-pipe with flowmaster 40 series mufflers.

Thats about it. If you are interested in building a blow through set up, check out the blow through forums at turbomustangs.com . There is a lot of great info in there, I used a lot of info from there to build my combo. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Later,

Darren

Thanks for the info Bro, that's very impressive. I'd love to build a blow thru set up on a big motor, seems like such a simple way to go really fast. Maybe the next motor, who knows. There was a forum I used to go to last year that was all about blow thru supercharger set ups (lots of BB Chevy's making outrageous amounts of power on that forum), wish I could remember what forum it was. Lots of good info there too.
    1988 Mustang LX Vortech Supercharged
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ
    Yippie-kiyah Muthafuka! - Bruce Willis, Die Hard